Artists selling music without the producers consent?!

I agree with the advice that Kev gave you and reach out to this dude first and see what he has to say. You will never know unless you try and that should be your first move before you go all law & order on him. As for the legal issue of rights it does not sound like you had a contract and the music was "gifted" to him as you gave it out for to him. He did not steal it and it sounds like you don't have a contract with him as to how he can use said track.......so this will be a little tough to prove. Not saying that you are not entitled to something as it is your track, but the question is how much and that will depend on what you can prove.

That pretty much covers it. Especially since you originally gave him the tracks for free with the idea of him recording to them. I would start by reaching out to him.

I agree with the advice that Kev gave you and reach out to this dude first and see what he has to say. You will never know unless you try and that should be your first move before you go all law & order on him. As for the legal issue of rights it does not sound like you had a contract and the music was "gifted" to him as you gave it out for to him. He did not steal it and it sounds like you don't have a contract with him as to how he can use said track.......so this will be a little tough to prove. Not saying that you are not entitled to something as it is your track, but the question is how much and that will depend on what you can prove.

That pretty much covers it. Especially since you originally gave him the tracks for free with the idea of him recording to them. I would start by reaching out to him.

Back