Apprehensive about releasing instrumentals in the fear of them being stolen

What's good fellow producers!

I'm looking for some advice. I have created a number of instrumentals that I am very proud of however i'm apprehensive about releasing them on the web e.g. on soundcloud, soundclick etc. in the fear that they are stolen by artists or remade by top producers and turned to hits without me getting any credit. I cannot be the only one who has faced this dilemma and i'm sure they are many people in my situation right now. At the same time though, I am an upcoming producer wanting to get my music heard. Any advice/feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Marco Mark

they probably will be stolen due to browser extensions in firefox.

either release them low quality, put random noises and shit over them, a throwaway verse, tags, something other than a high quality, fully useable version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything can get stolen. Now and 50 years ago. Try make them into tracks instead? With top line , verse and chorus. Then its much harder. But still people can get inspired from them and you would hardly notice.

Listen to Woman in Love - Barbra Streisand
Then you go listen to Oops I did it again - Max Martin et al
Sure is a steal. Chords are non typic but the same and the melody in the chorus? Starts off identical.

Or What about Love (Heart) vs Listen to your heart (Roxette). A wild steal/ripoff. Even using the original band name Heart in the ripped songs title :)
Could have posted 50 like these.

If people uses your stuff it means your stuff is good. Often. Take it as a credit. Or sue them. Pick and choose.
Also maybe try to get in touch with industry people and let them hear what you are up to.
Pro producers/writers in the industry of pop et al seldom posts their stuff online but circulates it among their contacts.
But expect a stiff competition; your stuff better be top notch or at least to the standards of whats played on the radio.
Start working on an industry network. Will help you a lot later,

And people stealing?
My advice is to get used to it.

Last edited:
Back