Anyone post beats on youtube?

the.boy

I see so many producers posting their beats on youtube and they be getting 100k+ views in just days, thousands of comments etc. It's crazy. Anyone have some tips on how to improve your Youtube channel and get views like that? And also what are the best paid ads/promotion? I have paid for adwords on a few of my videos and it got then a couple thousand views but was pretty expensive. Any alternatives? any advice would be great

lol ...I don't pay for ads,

ads pay me.

And ya, youtube can collect some views pretty fast. I think it's best media platform on the web hands down.

damn I really wanna know the answer to this question too.... i'm new here (first post!) and im currently just on Soundcloud. I want to get onto youtube but dont exactly know how to promote on there...

Start advertising to the people you know. Social media is a good place to start. If your beats are good enough, people will start getting the word out that you're producing some fire

I've heard that using adwords works well for promotion.

One problem that's never mentioned with YT is that they don't pay you royalties and you only make roughly one thousand dollars per one million views.

Also, you could put your beats on YT but that doesn't mean that your beats will get leased even if you have the views. Some beats are just nice instrumentals that people like to listen to, so they go to YT to stream it. Which brings me back to the royalties comment. Beat maker's assume that views equals beat leases. Which of course you will get some but the ratio per stream may not be as high as you think. There's a difference between a fan and an aspiring artist.

There's definitely a high ceiling with YouTube/SoundCloud, but there's also just so much stuff out there. Still worth posting, though (it's free!).

You should also check out my website, BeatThread (give us a google!). We're trying to build an online posting platform just for hiphop production, with the goal of getting rappers/industry people to listen and try to lease. Sign-ups are free, we also have a shop with exclusive kits made for us by big producers (just got DJ Mustard up there).

Back