Is anyone out there trying the Lex Luguer/jahlil approach?

RICP

Red LiGHT
HI

Is anyone out there trying the Lex Luguer (waka flocka)/jahlil (meek mill) approach?

I mean instead trying to sell beats to any artist/rapper

is anyone out there sending beats to upcoming or unknown rappers

and expecting to "create" a buzz for both rapper and producer?

What's your advice?

Sell beats to anyone....

or try to get placements...

Thanks

Beatsbyrico
@rico_bdz​

Man if you got a good ear and can find an artist that you feel like is going somewhere, i think the best approach these days is to work with them. It'll build your name and theirs. Also as they're coming up, there's no reason you cant sell the same beats you give them to other rappers, since most people probably wont hear them anyway.

I work with artists and collaborate with ones I think my beats would be a good fit with, I dont do this a lot though what I mainly do is lease beats to anyone at www.TylerSmithProductions.com

If you find someone who you can work well with though and build a great artist producer relationship then go for it and push your beats on the side too, don't limit yourself to 1 way of making money.

HI

Is anyone out there trying the Lex Luguer (waka flocka)/jahlil (meek mill) approach?

I mean instead trying to sell beats to any artist/rapper

is anyone out there sending beats to upcoming or unknown rappers

and expecting to "create" a buzz for both rapper and producer?

What's your advice?

Sell beats to anyone....

or try to get placements...

Thanks

Beatsbyrico
@rico_bdz​

what you asking is a simple business decision
always look on twitter/youtube for artists who have about 10,000 to 30,000 views (on twitter low followers)and network with them get to know them on a professional and informal level connect with them with email and on the PHONE yes the phone get use to talking to ppl butterflies may run rampant at first but it's a good thing
this will allow you to sell them services/products or collab with them on a serious level
be wise and genuine network,network,network(also look outside of U.S. the Europe,Asia,South America,even the whole continent of Africa)

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Last edited:
what you asking is simple business decision
always look on twitter/youtube for artist who have about 10,000 to 30,000 views and network with them get to know them on a professional and informal level connect with them with email and on the PHONE yes the phone get use to talking to ppl butterflies may run rampant at first but it's a good thing
this will allow you to sell them services/products or collab with them on a serious level
be wise and genuine network,network,network

GREAT advice

good 'ole telemarketing, huh?
:cry:
no they know you're calling and you're calling the artist to get to know them and let them know you
as person as you want to get is up to you
this artist should have a connection with you beyond professional level an informal connection
not bromance but hey we both play XBOX live,both are married with kids,etc..and you can talk business too just chopped it up like we do on the forum just on a higher level

I'm not saying call up every artist on youtube and twitter you come in contact with
I have spoke to ppl on this forum in person on the phone gained great appeciation for who they are and what they are about
see ppl try to hate on me but they don't see the moves I'm making,but it will become apparent soon sir
just like I told a client last weekend your biggest asset is your mouthpiece supported by your music,and internet tools (yes your skill-set in general comes in the play once your mouthpiece gets you in the door and talking to movers and shakers "which is subjective depending on what level you're on now and what goals you're trying to achieve")

oh by the way yeah I do some cold calling/emailing
http://holylambmediaentertainment.c...d_calling_for_business_connections_and_sales/

Last edited:
i usually work with local dudes from New Orleans. Its better to work with artist on the come up but don't let it be the only way. You can still shop beats elsewhere but having a lil buzz in your own city goes a long way.

what you asking is a simple business decision
always look on twitter/youtube for artists who have about 10,000 to 30,000 views (on twitter low followers)and network with them get to know them on a professional and informal level connect with them with email and on the PHONE yes the phone get use to talking to ppl butterflies may run rampant at first but it's a good thing
be wise and genuine network,network,network(also look outside of U.S. the Europe,Asia,South America,even the whole continent of Africa)

You hit the nail on the head Fataltone. It is definitely a business decision that each producer will have to make for his/herself. If you do plan on leasing beats to other artists, I can tell you from personal experience that many artists "in the industry" like to hear fresh new material and not music that has been shopped out to hundreds of other clients. This is not to say they won't listen to or buy the leased beats. However, If you do choose to attack both avenues (leasing beats to anyone and shopping to majors) I would suggest keeping a strong paper trail on your customers. I would also highly suggest (as Fataltone had mentioned) to get on phone with your clients as well as those upcoming artists you're networking with. You'll have way better chances of converting sales and building trust with others.

This one is tricky. I believe working with up and coming artists is an easier in vs. chasing placements once the artist is signed. Just make sure whoever you are working with has unparallelled grind and talent.

Would u rather let dem sit on your hard drive and just take up space. I will first ask u to buy my beat if not and there working I still would send them a beat. Jus because of free promotion.

Well jahlil beats has been around for awhile. He's not new to the game... He's been puttin in work for a while now.. Lex was just a chance happening.. He found the right artist for his beats and blam.. But yea i think the best way to go is have artists you work with and promote and sell your beats to keep the cash coming in

Back