Anyone ever thought about.....

AG Beats

becoming an entertainment/intellectual property lawyer? I think thats what Im gonna start working towards. What better way to get industry contacts than to be their lawyer?

Hey uh....after we look over this contract, you wanna audition some beats I made? Seems like a good idea to me. Currently working on a bachelors then Im gonna go out to LA and go to law school. Something to think about here. I just am kinda starting to not like the odds of living solely off producing/engineering and stuff. Everyone always needs a lawyer and Ive always kinda liked that type of stuff anyway. Ill check back in like.....

7 years and let you guys know all about my first job....lol! I figure at my current rate thats how long it will take as long as I dont see any set backs. Maybe add a year or two cause it might take some time for me to get into law school after I get my bachelors. I'll be 26/27 at that point but it will be worth it!

Just go straight to the point. What do you want?

Nothing...i was just trying to have a conversation about something that has some value instead of X Rapper called X rapper a hoe n this n that.

Was hoping maybe there was even some users on here that attend law school or something or someone who could offer input about how they afford such a high tuition

I considered it. But I wouldn't be a good entertainment lawyer without being able to be a piece of shit and **** people over. Thats what lawyers and attorneys do. They offer someone a legit service, while sticking a broom stick up another guys ass.

Definitely a great foot in the door for the industry and I imagine if you have a knack for the business you could do well. In the meantime, I'm paying $200/hr to have someone do my bidding.

I considered it. But I wouldn't be a good entertainment lawyer without being able to be a piece of shit and **** people over. Thats what lawyers and attorneys do. They offer someone a legit service, while sticking a broom stick up another guys ass.

Definitely a great foot in the door for the industry and I imagine if you have a knack for the business you could do well. In the meantime, I'm paying $200/hr to have someone do my bidding.

Yeah, I've always enjoyed business classes and it's definitely a thought about making contacts. Im working on my business major right now actually. All the reading ive done so far hasnt mentioned business as a good major, but obviously it really doesnt matter what you major in you can still go to law school.

And i find it interesting that you say you have to **** one guy to get the other what he wants. You don't think ent lawyers work to make sure artists dont get ripped off and compromise with labels? Im not entirely sure of all the duties of an ent lawyer but i know going over contracts is a main one. Obviously Im in the beginning of my research stages so im being genuine when I ask that not trying to be a smart ass or anything

Instead of paying all that money for law school, how about you just take a course about music business contracts??

Yeah, I've always enjoyed business classes and it's definitely a thought about making contacts. Im working on my business major right now actually. All the reading ive done so far hasnt mentioned business as a good major, but obviously it really doesnt matter what you major in you can still go to law school.

And i find it interesting that you say you have to **** one guy to get the other what he wants. You don't think ent lawyers work to make sure artists dont get ripped off and compromise with labels? Im not entirely sure of all the duties of an ent lawyer but i know going over contracts is a main one. Obviously Im in the beginning of my research stages so im being genuine when I ask that not trying to be a smart ass or anything

I got a "A" in both of my business Law classes
I never thought about becoming a lawyer but I would love to get to know more about contracts
I know some but I would love to know what I'm doing backwards and forwards to know that my lawyer has my best interest in heart.

sound like you have made your mind up
I know law school will take up 99.9 of your time.
you'll have to push yourself to make time for beats
but who knows you may be a law genius and have tons of free time
you may end up like The Kardasians Dad who was a lawyer to entertainment stars.

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

I got a "A" in both of my business Law classes
I never thought about becoming a lawyer but I would love to get to know more about contracts
I know some but I would love to know what I'm doing backwards and forwards to know that my lawyer has my best interest in heart.

sound like you have made your mind up
I know law school will take up 99.9 of your time.
you'll have to push yourself to make time for beats
but who knows you may be a law genius and have tons of free time
you may end up like The Kardasians Dad who was a lawyer to entertainment stars.

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Oh yeah I'll definitely have to make time for production but its not like law school will take up all day every day. They actually say you need to give yourself some time to do something else and suggest some sort of hobby so Im set on that.

And @JMD I feel you, I could do that but honestly I just want to be well off in life. Never want to have to worry about making payments on my house/condo and I wanna be able to save for my retirement and have some extra money to spend on shit I like like gear, a nice car, trips to different places etc. I've just seen too many people living in CRAPPY places still struggling surviving off welfare and food stamps, my mom lost her house when I turned 18, I just dont want that. Ive experienced success so far with this online producer thing, and whenever I move somewhere with more of a scene I'll be more active in real life with it, but on the real I just want something more stable.

Im not saying it isnt possible to live well off your beats if youre a dope producer, and Im never gonna give up on making beats but I just figure why the hell not go for it? Ive always thought being a lawyer would be sick since I was a young kid getting in trouble and seeing what they did. Look fly in a suit, walk around like a bad ass and charge insane hourly rates for what seems like pretty simple work. I'll be doing different work as an ENT Lawyer but it actually seems even easier. I just have to learn the language of law and contracts and I get paid 90+ (90 is when your fresh out of school) an hour just to read them and explain what they mean to people. Plus, it will be in the industry I like and I have potential to meet connections for making beats. I can pay off my law school debt how ever many years that takes work a good while and when I retire I can just focus on music or whatever. Obviously I cant see that far into the future but I mean basically I know that for me, all completing law school will take is dedication, cause aside from math school isnt that hard for me so I figure why the hell not.

Back