Any ideas or strategies for promoting my beats?

I'm looking for new ideas and strategies to promote my beats. I'm already using all social media I can. Twitter, instagram, Facebook, YouTube, dailymotion, beatstars.... but I'm just getting a few hundred views a week on all my beats together. Although the feedback is always positive, I think I may have potential to get more than 1-5k views a week.

Any ideas?

time and patience? ...I'm near the same view count area as you right now (on soundcloud, ...my views on youtube are closer to 1,000 a week),
...but when I look back a couple years, the only real thing that has worked is time and patience, and obviously more and more work too.

Let the people come to you. They will come. ...and I don't see google listed in your post. Google is the internet essentially... Get you stuff on the first page of a google search, and thousands will come every week. A song is kind of hard to get ranking in search engines, but use all the meta-tags and descriptions you can to let their bots know who and what you are, so they can rank you. Facebook and instagram are nice and all, but they're like children standing next to google.

...and another thing that's kinda related but really important is this game, ...catch trends before they happen. If you catch a trend early, and you make stuff for the trend before the huge crowd comes in, ...you're set. If you make a style of music for a trend that already has a huge crowd, you're too late. Get in on a trend as early as you can.

Last edited:
My $.02 here..

Try targeting a specific audience.

For example, I make and sell a variety of beats [trap, west coast, etc] but have become most known for my work in the west and as a result have become a "go to" for a lot of artists looking for west coast beats...

Knowing that, I have tailored my music and marketing efforts to maximize my reach in that direction...

It's tough out there. If you're looking for another site to post, we're building one that's solely for hip-hop production. A smaller focus and more dedicated userbase should drive up listens and feedback, plus !llmind is a co-founder so we have some big names making accounts. We've also got a little shop with some exclusive kits (DJ Mustard just set one up for us)

Check us out, it's free!
beatthread.com

Back