Any advice on beats for TV use?

cpm0002

I would like to start profiting on beats for TV use like MTV, VH1, etc. I did sign up with BMI for publishing but what next and how well does my music need to be mixed/mastered for TV? :hmmm:

Check out Pump Audio (owned by Getty Images) and Rumblefish. I did my own mixing and mastering but I'm no expert at it and I got many placements. I usually work with the song until I feel it sounds right. There are also a lot more companies out there. Just do a Google search for music licensing companies.

I would like to start profiting on beats for TV use like MTV, VH1, etc. I did sign up with BMI for publishing but what next and how well does my music need to be mixed/mastered for TV? :hmmm:

Listen to the music on the tv shows ... that's how well it needs to be mixed. I use taxi for my placements as well as pump audio and rumblefish I also have a lot of connections with vh1.

So build a nice library sign up with some sites submit your music or start networking then submit your music

Last edited:
Cosign Pump. Pump has gotten me around 100 placements and some nice checks! They will reject alot of stuff, so submit alot of material and be patient. It took 2 years before I saw any money or placements.

---------- Post added 02-15-2012 at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-14-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Also... don't limit yourself to hip hop. Electronic genres are in high demand now for licensing as well as indie rock.

Back