another depressed producer... thoughts? fucking help my brain!

BradleyD

I've had a roller coaster ride th last year and a half. I am a producer based in a small town I western Canada. I've done some really great work with a handful of big names et. Etc. I really thought last year was going to be special. The goal is a major placement. So I pushed incredibly haard. Kid Ink cut a couple records, didn't make the cut. Sage the Gemini cut one, went bat shit over it and nothing. A few others that didn't hurt as much didn't work out either, but I didn't car that much. Than the cherry on top of the pile of shit.. early 2015 bryson fucking tiller calls me, says he wrote To a record and wanted me to re-arrange it. Late September, nig stops responding and boom! Another failed attempt. This one hurt, cause back than It was the one I wanted wanted most, and I'm talking Feb 2015. I've been in an awful rut since. I've had my shit consistently stolen, which now I've taken t legal route. I'm so paranoid I dont even wan to Send shit out anymore. Anyone can relate? At what point do u say yo. I clearly suck. Idk. I'm really torn, it's starting to feel impossible to ge the break I deserve. Sad thing is, that's just the tip of the BS. Weeknds mngr calls me two summers ago saying he' wants to manage me.. boom nothing.. what the fuck am I doing wrong???? I can't close anything big at all. Any advice! Any at all!?

Last edited:
political-pictures-nicolas-sarkozy-smallest-violin.jpg

my suggestion is to hire a producer manager or look into just breaking in an artist. all it take is one major record and you're in the game. or just look for an artist, you know that is on the come up and see if you can get a placement on any of his projects. i know it's tough man. i got a placement on an indie album and only got 2 dollars in royalties for it. 2 DOLLARS!!! this industry is tough man but don't let it break you. just keep making music man, your time will come.

That's pretty mean... This dude is going through some real problems with his career.

I don't know, man. Chasing placements is a tough biz.

How is that mean? You want me to feel bad for a dude already getting calls for his tracks? Sounds like dude is 97% there, instead of bellyaching on the internet he needs to step his grind up and go get that 3%.

How is that mean? You want me to feel bad for a dude already getting calls for his tracks? Sounds like dude is 97% there, instead of bellyaching on the internet he needs to step his grind up and go get that 3%.

Agreed! What the hell does he want from us?

He is doing better than most of the people who post here. Dude needs to stop looking for a shoulder to cry on and grab life by the balls. He has to continue to grind until he accomplishes whatever he wants to accomplish.

Honestly, if these minor setbacks are too much, it is best to quit now and go into something safe, secure, and stable. There are a lot of other jobs that pay more with less stress.

Make it happen!

Last edited:
Back