Alternative for "Produced by:" or "Executive producer:" ?

chrisbanks

I want to put together a mix tape featuring all local rappers from my area. The thing is, I won't have any input as for how the music is written, or how the final production actually sounds (besides the beats). For whatever reasons, I can't sit with these guys and explain the benefits of having me write a song, and fully producing the tracks. I'd rather just get some recognition for helping put together a bunch of locals on a tape.

The problem with all of this is putting my name on the front and back covers of the artwork. I really don't know how to say this, but I just don't want my name to have the title "Produced by:" next to it. I can maybe put "Beats by:" or something like "All tracks recorded by:", but I don't want it to say "Executive producer:" or "Produced by:". I just don't feel like I'd have enough actual production input with the overall tracks on the tape. If it were an album, It'd take so much longer to make a song, cause I'd want every detail ran by me. This however is just a quick project to help get my name out locally.

Any suggestions?

You could put "ChrisBanks presents... " or whatever your name is, on the front. If you made all the instrumentals, then you can include "All Beats produced by" on the back... If you can do that, then you have room in the credits section to include artist names and put "engineered by" and put their engineer...

Back