Advice for starting a website

do not have your audio player autoplay when the site opens - it can lose you customers straight away - if people want to listen they will

use the icons people associate with your social media choices rather than just the names

would not distinguish between mp3 and wav leases of the same tunes: you are leasing the tune not the quality of the audio

do not advise your trackout pricing but invite enquiries - a trackout is a higher form of leasing and so you need to manage the potential for payout on future sales not give the away for next to nothing (seriously all of your prices are too low for what you are offering

I agree with the autoplay feature, I will turn that off immediately because I was also going back and forth to my website and found it annoying.

Use fonts that are easy on the eyes, don't make us too much scrolling. Use colors are easy on the eyes as well.

your second menu line is obviously using some type of webfont that my browser does not support and it is rendering it very badly

e.g.

kartik.PNG

also do not use bolding or heavy weighting on extended tracts of text: very tiring on the eyes

Be more social on youtube. Your channel is dead. You need to watch/share/like more video's. You also need to upload your own content. Doesn't have to be production oriented. It can be you at the club, talking about a song that inspired you, hating on a song you don't like, whatever. In every video, tell the viewer to like/comment/share/subscribe/go continue the conversation over at your facebook page and hit you up on twitter.....most will not will not do any of that unless you tell them over and over again. Tell them, do not use annotations and shyt that annoys YOU when you use youtube!

Your website is okay, could use a design re-haul but the simplicity(ease of use) will actually get you more sale's. Nothing wrong with COPYING the hottest trends, so do it! You're not trying to win a web design award, you're trying to get sales.

After that...get the hell up off the internet and meet people. The net is cool but you will attract 80% LURKER'S. Go to happy hour's, networking meeting's, chill at the club, go to concert's, sporting event's...LIVE LIFE...and when someone ask what do you do...have your pitch/script/narrative ready. These are the people who SPEND MONEY for their entertainment. This is where 80% paying customer's will come from..even if the transaction ends up online. I'm still surprised that most producer's don't have BUSINESS CARDS or T-shirt's...get back to the basic's but spice it up.

Last edited:
That business card video was pretty good, I enjoyed watching it and learned something out of it. What it reminds me off musically is the Parliament Funkadelic album covers of the 70s. I have Cosmic Slop on vinyl and the artwork is ****ing impressive! Still blows peoples minds in 2014.

Back