8 Reasons Why Every Music Producer Should Have a Blog

markusv3001

HipHopMakers.com
If you are trying seriously pursuing music producing you should look at yourself as a business / brand, and you should follow best business practices. The world’s most popular brands have blogs: Nike, Sony, Ford, and almost every other big business.

1. Web Traffic

If you have a static website, your content quickly become old. There is no reason for visitors to return for the same information. A blog allows you to easily add new content, which trains your visitors to check back for fresh content. Some blogs post daily, weekly, or even bi-weekly. Blogs allow you to add content easily which helps generate new traffic.
Also, if the content of your blog is relevant to a wider audience, people will link back to your website, and share your site on social networks.

2. Build a Fan Base

Having a blog gives you a voice. It gives you the opportunity to showcase your personality and work. You can post photos, video, beats, express your opinion, whatever you want. It is your personality, style and branding, and if people like what you are posting, and the work you do, they will share your post with others, and will continue to return.

3. Connect with Fans

Blogs allow you to get direct input from your fans. When you post new content, visitors of your site can leave comments, and share their thoughts. You can ask questions, run polls, get feedback on your ideas, which can help you improve and help to connect with your audience more. When someone leaves a comment, you can reply, and keep the conversation going. This will allow you to connect and network with new people.

The rest can be viewed here

very helpful information there. thanks for the post, and I like your website

i was wondering what you guys thought about me running a general rap blog. i am producing, but i'm really into some kinds of rap so i post whatever is relevant to me. i'm hoping to promote my beats on it once i get some big names to rap on them.

what do you guys think about this biz plan though? my rap blog is at www . thestateofrap . com if you want to check it out

Good post. I agree, hosting a blog on your site can only help. Works best when you post a topic that people want to read AND share with their network.

Back