360 Deals - Considering? THINK TWICE! [video]

Nice Post. That's the woman that helped Cash Money get their big deal back in the 1990s and they screwed over her. She been trying to help artists for years from what I heard.

People out here unemployed. If a 360 deal pays at least $40,000 a year, take it. Most people in the rap game are high school dropouts. They should feel blessed to earn $40,000 a year and have sex with groupies.

People need to stop acting like they are going to earn millions of dollars from music. A six-figure salary from making money is a blessing from God. Take it and keep quiet.

Many people with PhDs, JDs, and MDs are barely earning six figures a year. Stop listening to these naysayers and do what you have to do to support your family.

If you can make more money from an education than music, get an education. If you can get more from music, do music. The money is the only thing that matters.

Last edited:

If you can make more money from an education than music, get an education. If you can get more from music, do music. The money is the only thing that matters.

id rather do music and a make a bare living of it instead of making a lot of money at a job which makes my stomach turn around every morning

Last edited:
People out here unemployed. If a 360 deal pays at least $40,000 a year, take it. Most people in the rap game are high school dropouts. They should feel blessed to earn $40,000 a year and have sex with groupies.

People need to stop acting like they are going to earn millions of dollars from music. A six-figure salary from making money is a blessing from God. Take it and keep quiet.

Many people with PhDs, JDs, and MDs are barely earning six figures a year. Stop listening to these naysayers and do what you have to do to support your family.

Now days labels don't groom the artist then don't help him with how to dress,or how sing better and have better songwriting skills, or create a buzz
you better have all these thing on your own or don't even think about a deal(there are exceptions are sure) but this is the normal process
of getting signed
the label does nothing put money behind you like the get back three fold(if not more) try looking at the numbers on Rap Coalition's page you'll see the financial rape

like Legal Dollars said for every signed artists that comes out with a album there are 10 other artists that are signed and no album comes out..so what do you do then you're stuck in a horrible dea and Wendy makes sure you don't get stuck in that horrible deal or helps you get out of it..

Wendy the founder of Rap Coalition is about making sure artists get great deals..no financially raped...
so she trying to make sure you don't just get $40,000 a year from your music(sales,ect.) but $100,00+ from your sales,touring,acting and not get raped again financially

because you are a actor in live play or a movie
that you get paid $30,000 for and then the label who had nothing to do with the deal comes in and take 30% and keep in mind you probably had to pay $10,000 to agent plus commission to get that role.

So if the only thing that matters is the money then you should be down with Wendy Day..because what she is down to do is get you more money,
your masters=more money,
your publishing=more money

Wendy Day=getting your more money to support your family

just my $.02

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

360 deals are the norm now for any new artist. Good luck NOT having to sign one if a major comes knocking. of course if you are getting Major Label attention these days you are probably running a very good business (brand) for yourself already. It's more of a preference thing, do you want to gamble with someone else's money/resources or your own?

Getting a record deal is not that bad.

The problem is that most artists get lazy after they sign. If an artist is going to sit around smoking weed and making one song a month, there is no need for a deal.

right, I dont sacrifice fun for money

James you got a wife or kids??? no you don't if your situation changes from being single,living at home.. things change a lot it's easy to say what you won't sacrifice for yourself but when you hold your child and they looking into your eyes and you realize hey this human being is depending on me for everything...
this goes for you too DJ Polair..
and don't give me I'll never get married or have kids ...but as you get older you have alot of different experiences and even if you try hard to stay single you can slip up and a have some kids...prepare to be financially raped for child support...

id rather do music and a make a bare living of it instead of making a lot of money at a job which makes my stomach turn around every morning

What kind of bullsh*t jobs do you work?

I know that many jobs are not fun, but you make it seem worse than it really is. You make it seem like you either work for money or work for fun. If you have an education and a skill set, you can work for money and fun.

Music is not all that it seems cracked up to be. Most musicians work hard at music and do not really get enjoyment from it. People get more fun from posting on Futureproducers than they get out of making music.

Why do you think there are so many guys asking "How do I get started?" or "How do I get motivated to make music?" or "What do I need to learn about the business side of music?". People waste a lot of time with music when they really could have more fun and make more money doing something else.

People sell themselves short.

Last edited:

I know that many jobs are not fun, but you make it seem worse than it really is. You make it seem like you either work for money or work for fun. If you have an education and a skill set, you can work for money and fun.

Music is not all that it seems cracked up to be. Most musicians work hard at music and do not really get enjoyment from it. People get more fun from posting on Futureproducers than they get out of making music. Why do you think there are so many guys asking "How do I get started?" or "How do I get motivated to make music?" or "What do I need to learn about the business side of music?". People waste a lot of time with music when they really could have more fun and make more money doing something else.

very true find a decent job and do music till you can support yourself out side of living at home..keep a decent car and apt.,shoes,clothes
which all add up because to be in the music industry you have to have an image and sometimes that image is pricey.

my first real job I had for 12 years and all I did was goof off all day...get at all the nurses,and smoke weed all day, I slowly grew up though and still have fun and made tons of money had my own apt. at 19,own car,could buy all the clothes I want and the frig. was kept full
so it's all on you and your skill-set that will see you either working at TacoBell(nothing wrong with that I was hired as manager but the hours didn't work well with my college courses) and they was going to pay me bank.. not IT or Engineering bank but in Omaha,NE good money
and I work for a great job now faith based and we kick there have great fun..even though we work hard...
if it was up to me I wouldn't work at ..only make music for fun

but this is the real world ...and you need real money which is tool to get food,housing,and clothes.

not here to kill dreams... I still have a dream of 90% of my retirement money coming from things dealing with music but I'm going to keep my GOOD job and my GOOD benefits and take care of my FAMILY.

Oh and now I need to buy my kids a pool..it never stops lol.....

my son is begging to go outside but I'll be chilling with ya till my daughter wakes up and then we going eat dogs off the grill and play in the water a bit.. I'm having the time of my life better than when I was 18 and working my first job which I had alot of great experiences.

money-family415.jpg

Last edited:
but this is the real world ...and you need real money which is tool to get food,housing,and clothes.

not here to kill dreams... I still have a dream of 90% of my retirement money coming from things dealing with music but I'm going to keep my GOOD job and my GOOD benefits and take care of my FAMILY.

Oh and now I need to buy my kids a pool..it never stops lol.....

There it is.

Music is not all that it seems cracked up to be. Most musicians work hard at music and do not really get enjoyment from it. People get more fun from posting on Futureproducers than they get out of making music.

Why do you think there are so many guys asking "How do I get started?" or "How do I get motivated to make music?" or "What do I need to learn about the business side of music?". People waste a lot of time with music when they really could have more fun and make more money doing something else.

i'm lucky, because music is literally my most fun hobby, my beats aren't too good yet because i started beatmaking about a year ago and i mostly focused on rapping, for 3 years now i been practicing at least an hour everyday, my flow is sick and bars are dope, really, i been putting too much into this to fail at it, its a big passion, while others go to the beach i write, while others get drunk i write, while others sleep i write, literally, i been pulling all nighters to perfect my craft and capture those magical moments of inspiration and being in the zone, i can switch it on and off by now, i'm only 16 man, i'm not putting myself out there much as of now, i'm still in the forge creating the persona and the skill set i wanna put out there, ill move to the u.s. soon as i'm 18, you gotta go to the hot spot, over here ain't mo market for this, or at least not for what i do, but ill do everything that's necesary, i'm gon make it or die trying

i'm from a non english speaking country, so as soon as i realized that the english market is the shit, i dedicated myself to learn english, meaning i watch movies in english, go to english forums, watch tv in english, nothing but english music, so now i'm decent at it, forgive me some typos or misconstructions within phrases but i'm still learning

Last edited:
i'm lucky, because music is literally my most fun hobby, my beats aren't too good yet because i started beatmaking about a year ago and i mostly focused on rapping, for 3 years now i been practicing at least an hour everyday, my flow is sick and bars are dope, really, i been putting too much into this to fail at it, its a big passion, while others go to the beach i write, while others get drunk i write, while others sleep i write, literally, i been pulling all nighters to perfect my craft and capture those magical moments of inspiration and being in the zone, i can switch it on and off by now, i'm only 16 man, i'm not putting myself out there much as of now, i'm still in the forge creating the persona and the skill set i wanna put out there, ill move to the u.s. soon as i'm 18, you gotta go to the hot spot, over here ain't mo market for this, or at least not for what i do, but ill do everything that's necesary, i'm gon make it or die trying

i'm from a non english speaking country, so as soon as i realized that the english market is the shit, i dedicated myself to learn english, meaning i watch movies in english, go to english forums, watch tv in english, nothing but english music, so now i'm decent at it, forgive me some typos or misconstructions within phrases but i'm still learning

keep going for it but at the same time don't be your own stumbling block by not gettng summer jobs and building your job history young man.
Get yourself a decent job in your country so you can save up money if you want to come to the states or the UK or Aussie land. but get that money man you can find a job that fun.. like I did when I was 16 years old and I kept that job for 12 years and had a ball,meant so many rappers through that job,anything doing with Medical/Food and Nutrition has a high turn over lol.....so I meant tons of ppl.

Back