2012 unsigned tour (is it a scam)?

jcity23

I got a text message sayin that i got selected for the 2012 Unsigned Tour, and when i went to register for it, they asked me to buy 2 tickets for my fan base and they will send me 6 extra tickets for my family/friends.

But To Make Sure, Does Anybody kno if this is a scam or not?

Sounds like a scam, they wouldnt make you pay for tickets, especially if there are paying you, or even if not.

you won the lottery send us $30 to release the your winnings...yes sounds fishy...how they even know you do music????? maybe a site you signed up for.

I was chosen and I wasnt too sure about paying money :s

I havent received any confirmed dates as yet :(

However, I am glad I have registered with them as they have been texting and emailling me every week with updates for the tour. I suppose so far so good .... I cant wait :)

Sounds like a scam to me. Why would you by tickets to your own show? If your performing, the purpose is to sell tickets to your fan base.

I have to say scam...
1.get a decent live set together(practice make perfect) do small venues/open mic nights to get your nerves together
2.contact a indie artists with a large fanbase in your area (locally and regionally) and see if you can get a small major label headliner to come and do a 3 song set
3.approach locally businesses like boost mobile,monster sports drink,etc... approach as many businesses as you need to secure funds to make your event happen
4.have the concert during nice weather (late spring,summer) have it at a downtown park,mall parking lot with a small stage(I see this all the time in my city)
5.invite local dance teams to come show off their skill $(blank) to the winner
make it a three hour event/food/drink all sponsored
and you can make this a 3 time a year event
you don't need to be a concert promoter to do this what you are doing in creating a (rap/RnB scene that you can benefit from)
building buzz and fans and the opportunity to sell merch
this take alot of cooridination and planning
https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&fp=9662fec27b9e4b73&biw=1366&bih=577

look at the scam runners registering usernames to try to make it look legit. God damn scammers are dumb, but i guess they do trick a lot of ppl

ok.. i am very confused, my son was selected to sing, he submitted a video.. so i am wondering why he needs to pay, and what is he paying for? does anyone really know.

ok.. i am very confused, my son was selected to sing, he submitted a video.. so i am wondering why he needs to pay, and what is he paying for? does anyone really know.

tammy you shouldn't never have to pay to be part of tour period..unless you're a artist who is a investor and getting a return on your investment

find your son a legit venue to showcase his talent

Last edited:
Hi, I got the same message but not sure if this is a scam or not.They want us to buy tickets for gigs that havent been scheduled yet....where is the guarantee that we'll get gigs? Nice to meet you I'm Richie

Back