2 dutch guys visiting Los Angeles

StayF

Hi everybody,

My name is Stefan and I work together with my friend Sasha on Pop-music.
We form a songwriting / production duo (pop music) and we're based in The Netherlands Europe.
Future Producers has been an extremely useful source of information for me for the last years now , that's why I thought about sharing this;

At this point in our career we want to take our written and produced music to a place where a lot of big pop-music is being made; Los Angeles USA. We have planned our trip for mid/end of October and we're planning to stay for 2 weeks.

As we are new to the music industry in USA, we thought it might be a good idea to ask other musicians/producers/songwriters/engineers for some tips on getting to know more people in the US-music business, this time LA in particular. We are very eager to learn and excited to meet new people.

We know it's not going to be a trip that gets us signed right away or anything ;) , we understand that takes a lot (!) more work. We just want to get to know LA a bit better and we hope to meet some interesting people who share some of the same passion(s) we have; pop music.

So this is just a call to anyone who has some tips and someone here knows some people we should meet. You never know. ;)

Go to some music conferences while you are in Los Angeles. That is a great opportunity to meet other musicians face to face. There are great networking opportunities out there. That will at least give you an indication if people like what you are doing.

Thanx for the advice! Much appreciated. :)
I've done some quick research last night on music conferences in LA, but I'm afraid there aren't any at that time. Couldn't find anything on Eventbrite either.
I hope there might be some small networking events taken place somewhere.. Just have to do some more research i guess.

Hoi ik woon nu eigenlijk in san jose en ik woode vroeger in Nederland lol maar uh als ik jou was dan zou ik naar de concerten en muziek clubs gaan, vooral de clubs waar de locale bands en artiesten kunnen spelen. Dan kun je met meer mensen netwerken, hoop dat dit helpt! peacee

Hoi ik woon nu eigenlijk in san jose en ik woode vroeger in Nederland lol maar uh als ik jou was dan zou ik naar de concerten en muziek clubs gaan, vooral de clubs waar de locale bands en artiesten kunnen spelen. Dan kun je met meer mensen netwerken, hoop dat dit helpt! peacee

Thanx for the tip!
We'll definitely do some research on nice clubs/venues and who's playing during our visit. :)
I hope you're enjoying San Jose! The Netherlands probably looks exactly the same how you left it ;)

Back