#15 on Soundclick but Need Advice.

SonofMack Beats

What's good everyone!? I want to introduce myself and seek advice from this community. I've been following threads here for awhile but decided to become more involved. On October 31, I officially launched my Soundclick page sonofmackbeats.com after letting the page sit empty for years. With a small amount of promotion in the MP3 player ads, I have been riding high in the East Coast charts at #15 and have several other songs in the high end in their genres as well, all for a $25.00 investment.

What I'm wondering about though is that I have only leased one beat, and that was before things really took off. Is this normal since I'm new? I've had numerous downloads so does emcees write to the tagged downloads and then come back and lease or purchase later? I'm just curious as I want to really make a push at this. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Here is the link to the current track at #15: soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11180778&q=hi&newref=1

Here is the link to my main page with all my tracks: sonofmackbeats.com

I'd say that's fairly normal. One of my tapes was sitting at #1 on the bandcamp trip-hop charts for a good month and I only raked in around $50. I'm actually making more AFTERWARDS because of word of mouth and stuff. Unfortunately, a lot of people will just go ahead and use the beat with the tag still in it and you may never even know. Just something you'll have to accept.

Thanks for the reply, man! I've been wondering if this is the case. I've heard all of these stories about if you make it into the top then you make good money and what not. I realize that I am charting high in the sub genres and only in the 70's in the overall chart but I'm getting more than 1000 plays and multiple downloads a day. I also only currently have 10 songs posted so I'm sure that might have something to do with it as well.

Last edited:
It could man! I'm only NOW just barely starting to make a little bit of money and I have 14 beat tapes released on my bandcamp! It's all about that promotion, but it sounds like you're doing a good job of getting your name out! So keep it up. Remember to spread the word to as many places as you can.

Yeah, I'm prepared to invest in a longevity plan with this. I will eventually have 100+ tracks but I don't want to just throw anything up there. I appreciate the feedback!

Yeah, I'm prepared to invest in a longevity plan with this. I will eventually have 100+ tracks but I don't want to just throw anything up there. I appreciate the feedback!

1.triple your promotion budget
2.increase your web presense
facebook,twitter,forums but you must stay up with your social network sites
3.network your butt off locally and on the internet build relationships with ppl don't be "hey I got hot beats come and buy some" lol
at some point you will do this after getting clicking with a artist...
4.a nice colorful flyer for local promotion can do wonders as well as door hangers...this techniques aren't dinosaur techniques don't let ppl make you believe that they are
5.try ReTargeter

for more one on one help hit me up
here's my info
The Walking on Water Coach Antonio aka fataltone

check out my thread here
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-links-resources-indie-artists-labels-364398/
and my other threads in this section
I do PR and business coaching,general consulting as well providing organizational coaching(which will give you more time in your work day and personal life)
if you want to take your career to new heights as a media professional please contact me
this is what I do

I provide services that get indie labels, artists and producers and all media professionals more publicity and profits

my process works as so
1.create a relationship with you(business owner)
2.help you birth a vision, or refine your vision(brainstorming sessions)
3.help you lay out a plan(online/street team plan,business plan,marketing plan,public relation plan,organization plan) and general and detailed plans for music professionals
4.help you stay motivated and on a timeline
5.show you how to enjoy your success and build upon it

also providing coaching/consulting on
marketing
salesmanship
professionalism
sure fire networking
faith and entertainment
leadership
time management/organization
niche market research
Q & A Music Business/Law Consultation
Recording/Producer Studio design/organization(includes equipment suggestions for your budget)

reminder results are determined by your actions

HolyLamb Media & Entertainment Coaching and Consulting
Let's build a relationship to build your success

Affordable Services with Quality results
contact me here on package and one on one pricing
or at
holy_lamb_media_entertainment@hotmail.com

P.S. I do one freebie general Q & A consultation
so you can test my abilities to improve your success and knowledge

Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.

Prov. 13:11
YOU GOT DEAD PRESIDENTS, BUT I GOT A LIVING GOD

Last edited:
Ya'll already stated the main points.. Word uh mouth, promotion, web presence, more beats, etc. If you wanna sell more beats you needa get in touch with artists personally. You needa realize/remember you're not the only one with a SoundClick. Step outside the box production wise & promotion wise.

Back