#1 Key to Sales

sterlingrichard

www.SterlingsMusic.com
This advice is for producers having trouble closing sales with customers.

----------------------------------------------

A potential client of mine initially asked me to purchase a beat from me. After I listened to his work, and we talked for a while, he also told me he needed help attracting fans and creating his website.

I'd like my share my email response to him, as a guide on how to treat your clients. (Producers may also benefit from the material :p)

warriorforum.jpg

Next time you get ready to talk to potential customers, turn the "I's" into "You's". Go get some customers.​

I had exactly 47 emails like the above this month
it's about building relationships so that I can "up-sale" with the many of business services

I had exactly 47 emails like the above this month
it's about building relationships so that I can "up-sale" with the many of business services

Your process is correct, however I tend not to think of the relationship as an "up-sell". The best tactic is to key in on the customers exact desires, and provide them. If you can do that, they'll be glad to exchange money for your services.

Your process is correct, however I tend not to think of the relationship as an "up-sell". The best tactic is to key in on the customers exact desires, and provide them. If you can do that, they'll be glad to exchange money for your services.
in the last 18 months I been working on my salesmanship daily..reading and applying
exactly it's still a "up-sale" I only offer them things I "know" they need to be successful because I work with on-going clients not just one time buyer
consulting for me is a on-going arrangement

Last edited:
in the last 18 months I been working on my salesmanship daily..reading and applying
exactly it's still a "up-sale" I only offer them things I "know" they need to be successful because I work with on-going clients not just one time buyer
consulting for me is a on-going arrangement

None of your latest feats interest or impress me, nor am I going to battle for authority with you.

My only intent is to help the community with an email from my inbox.

If you re-read your posts, everything you stated was about you, what you can get out of the customer, and how he can pay you more money.

If that's your interests, then we are in two separate lanes.

Have fun in yours.

PS: Appreciate the video!

Last edited:

----------------------------------------------

A potential client of mine initially asked me to purchase a beat from me. After I listened to his work, and we talked for a while, he also told me he needed help attracting fans and creating his website.

I'd like my share my email response to him, as a guide on how to treat your clients. (Producers may also benefit from the material :p)

View attachment 42435

Next time you get ready to talk to potential customers, turn the "I's" into "You's". Go get some customers.​

Kinda scratching my head a bit.

OK.

Alright, you're up-selling the guy, why would you argue with others in this thread that you're not?
There's no guilt to be had in selling someone everything that he is willing to buy from you.
You're just helping him realize that there's some "accessories" which might compliment his purchase,
like when Amazon suggested to me recently that I might want some cleats to go with my cycling shoes (cycling shoes don't work without cleats).

OK, so you said turn the "I"s into "You"s -- but one of the first things you told your customer (and bolded, no less) was "everything isn't about you".

But hey, I'm not going to criticize your email. If it did its job, that's great, and that's all that matters. Nice beat in your signature, BTW.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Kinda scratching my head a bit.

OK.

Alright, you're up-selling the guy, why would you argue with others in this thread that you're not?
There's no guilt to be had in selling someone everything that he is willing to buy from you.
You're just helping him realize that there's some "accessories" which might compliment his purchase,
like when Amazon suggested to me recently that I might want some cleats to go with my cycling shoes (cycling shoes don't work without cleats).

OK, so you said turn the "I"s into "You"s -- but one of the first things you told your customer (and bolded, no less) was "everything isn't about you".

But hey, I'm not going to criticize your email. If it did its job, that's great, and that's all that matters. Nice beat in your signature, BTW.

-Ki
Salem Beats

This message just isn't for you. Continue doing what you are.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Back