[REQUEST] Mixing&Mastering for an EP (9 songs) R&B/RAP

KIDDASHO

I just finished a R&B/HipHop project of 9 tracks (with a Caribbean flavor) a bit like The Weeknd, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Tyus, NAV, Ramriddlz, Bryson Tiller, Drake, Tory Lanez etc. If you know those names you see pretty much what kind of sound I want .. that OVO sound, with autotune, a lot of reverb and delays etc....

I would like to know if you could help me?

I started to be desperate because I already paid engineers explaining exactly what I want and I'm never satisfied, the mix is never strong, punchy, polish and pleasant to listen to, I always find myself with a weird mix..

I wanted to release it at the end of July or August, and I have a really good team around me for the communication and the music videos so it stresses me a little to not have good quality for the songs, especially that we think we will have a good buzz in our country. So if you want to help me, you can send me a message and we will talk more precisely and I'll send you the project mixed by myself too
Of course, I'll pay you but my budget is now tight because of my mistakes but we're surely can negotiate!

PS : I'm singing in french (I know some engineers don't mix foreign languages)

Hi KIDDASHO, how are you? I'm new a new registered user, although I've been following Future Producers in a very long time. Was checking the forum and came across your post request. I'm familiar with some of the groups/artists you mentioned and those have a powerful & commercial sound.

I have a background in electronic dance music (I'm a producer under different alias), although I worked with different styles in the past. I started accepting mixing and mastering requests from time to time, but now decided to create a form and a soundcloud account for that purpose few days ago (you know, to keep my projects separated and organized).

I may be able to help you on the mixing and mastering. I only think "July or August" is a very tight schedule. Even if I'm able to work on the 9 tracks in a week (case they have a similar sound/dynamics) you would only have a month to prepare (promotion, contact labels, and everything) which is very little time.

About your PS, the problem is that (like many producers when mixing foreign languages) I'm not able to tell if it a take is clear/understandable enough during the processing. You see, a part of vocal processing involves the copy/paste of "seconds" of other takes (case a word or phrase in "take 1" isn't as good as "take 2") when building a solid vocal line. I understand only a bit of french and I'm not sure if the processing would be 100% perfect under these conditions.

Anyway, If you're interested, I can work in one of the tracks (without any commitment of course) and then, if you like what I do, we can discuss and move forward to the other tracks. Just PM me.

PS: good luck with your
work

Last edited:
Back