Producers and Songwriters Serious about Getting Clients

triggerbeats

First off I'm not trying to sell you anything, I'm here to drop a few gems that I've learnt from my experience. So, I've been doing a lot of work lately both music production
and web design plus marketing for different clients. And producers keep asking me what the secret is.

What is the secret sauce??

I'll tell you the secret they don't tell you. The one thing you don't hear from producers who tell you they have the secret formula and "special powers"...

1. THERE IS NO SECRET!! There's hard work which involves following proper methods to getting you where you want to go.
But you have to start somewhere. I'm not going to tell you you need to buy a website, get a soundclick and get 15 social media accounts and purchase media buys, "promos" etc!

I'm going to tell something you may or may not have heard before. And I hope you take this advice and run with it.

2.You need to focus on ONE thing right now. Yeah that's right... ONE THING! How much time do you spend a day on a bunch of websites that make you no money?
If you haven't made money this month selling beats or your mixtape and you're "Hustling hard" ... Guess what?! It means you have too many things on your plate (You doing too much!)

3. Stop multitasking: Scrolling up and down reading every single website, spamming anything and everything with a comment box. Stop the madness! You will not accomplish anything by multitasking.
Is your music actually any good? Then go FOCUS ON YOUR MUSIC and only your music until you know for sure that your music is irresistible. Make great music first. If you do everything half and half, people will see right through that mess and you will not get the engagement you're looking for. You might sell a couple beats here and there for 20 bucks.

Here's my strategy for you. Pick one marketing channel for this month and stick with that everyday. Stop searching for other techniques, just focus everyday on this one thing.
So let's say, you're going to market on Soundcloud. Focus all your efforts on SoundCloud for the month. Truly engage with people, don't try to sell them your beats, make friendships, network and
approach people creatively. They will come to your music, they will be engaged provided you have great music. The power that lies in focusing on one thing, is that you become a master in that area.
Once you've mastered that, add on another thing, master it until you have a full on business flow.

So here's a brief history on why I'm sharing this. I want to help more of you get to where you want to go. Here are my simple blueprints:

I started by creating signature sounding beats. Forget trying to sound like everything out there, I learnt how to master my sound and asked all my friends opinions of my music. I worked until every beat I showed them, they loved. (Ask for constructive criticism) Then I set up a website, designed it on my own and made sure the thing worked for me. It does all the hustling for me so I can continue to be creative not the
other way round. Did my marketing only on SoundCloud, made sure all my music was indexed properly. So no emailing beats and people rapping on my beats for free, none of that. Then moved on to marketing on the next Social Media and the next until I had everything running smoothly without the stress.

Why does this work? You look like a proper brand, everything is uniform and clean. People listen to your beats on SoundClick, Soundcloud, Flash Beat Store, or whatever you use and they are then directed to your uniform website where you make the sales and close them! It's that simple.

So after getting this running, people started asking me to design their stuff, CD covers, designs, etc which comes the question they kept asking me, what's the secret sauce? I decide to launch my second website
where I design websites for musicians, businesses, etc and I do consulting for FREE! I won't sell you anything, I'll let you know where you need to go depending on where you are in your journey.

Otherwise, here's my launch video if you're interested in what else I am doing! Need to call me for more advice? I included my number in the video below. I hope this advice helped someone today! Let's get this paper!

Now if you do want special deals on design, I offer those here: Design Services | Trigger Beats

Last edited:

This makes a great deal of sense. Multitasking is the plague to successful people. Most people that are great at something are great at one thing. They get help from others to become even greater.

This makes a great deal of sense. Multitasking is the plague to successful people. Most people that are great at something are great at one thing. They get help from others to become even greater.

I multitask for my social networking but I use Hootsuite which I use primarly to post links from my blog or just share amazing content
and then I do direct messaging on social networks only a few day on each network.... doesn't take my long and I just keep it simple and genuine

and I work from 5:00a.m. to 5p.m. and have a wife, two small kids
so I'm always multitasking

I agree picking one thing and going hard on that for a month is a amazing tip

I do this all the time
and I have it setup on my calendar
March is all about education
April is all about local/regional engagement with christian artsits(getting to around to as many church homes as possible)
etc... I have to be very detailed in my planning with so little extra time!!!

That's awsome @fataltone you a busy guy! Awesome, that's exactly what I do, I use Hubspot and Klout. I've dabbled with Hootsuite... but Hubspot is King, although you have to be ready to spend $200/month.

My advice is really for those people who are bombarded with information left and right trying to figure out why they aren't making even one sale. Eventually when the ball is rolling, then they can invest into
more powerful tools to automate their marketing.

That's awsome @fataltone you a busy guy! Awesome, that's exactly what I do, I use Hubspot and Klout. I've dabbled with Hootsuite... but Hubspot is King, although you have to be ready to spend $200/month.

My advice is really for those people who are bombarded with information left and right trying to figure out why they aren't making even one sale. Eventually when the ball is rolling, then they can invest into
more powerful tools to automate their marketing.
Yeah I find some great content on Klout...I'm part of Social Media Marketing Networking Club on LinkedIN and heard of many social network dashboards
and many great tools and advice from professionals

asap I will be getting a Hootsuite University Social Media Certification(not necessary but I believe it will help my gaining more off site clients)
I have only ran around 30 social media campaigns for some different artists,producers over the last 6 months....

and hope to grow that online but really I think I could make more money offline expanding into all kinds of businesses

marketing is no joke
it takes dedication and planning and plenty of follow up

Back