Placement Opportunities - UPDATED DAILY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[UPDATE 20/08]Dion Primo
[UPDATE 20/08]Papoose

---------- Post added 08-21-2011 at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-20-2011 at 10:19 AM ----------

[UPDATE 21/08]Tory Lanez

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

[UPDATE 21/08]Sarah J

---------- Post added 08-22-2011 at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-21-2011 at 04:22 PM ----------

[UPDATE 22/08]Boondox

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

[UPDATE 22/08]Rampage

---------- Post added 08-25-2011 at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-22-2011 at 12:41 PM ----------

[UPDATE 25/08]Kid Ink
[UPDATE 25/08]Spinning 9 (SODMG)

Has anyone heard back from any of these yet? I imagine it's pretty difficult with a million people blowing up these emails with beats.

i agree with whoever posted above that this probably isn't the best way to get a placement on someones album/mixtape. IMO, it's always better to have a relationship with them where you 2 understand and respect each other, not just your e-mail being mixed in with 1000s of others in the artist's inbox

great idea for a thread either way though

I have the Based God's e-mail, but I don't know if I should post it up here lol

i agree with whoever posted above that this probably isn't the best way to get a placement on someones album/mixtape. IMO, it's always better to have a relationship with them where you 2 understand and respect each other, not just your e-mail being mixed in with 1000s of others in the artist's inbox

great idea for a thread either way though

I have the Based God's e-mail, but I don't know if I should post it up here lol

Not the BEST way but still a way

the problem with these, once you put it online publicly, the value of them is decreasing from hour to hour.

the problem with these, once you put it online publicly, the value of them is decreasing from hour to hour.

The artists are putting these online publicly.

Go to Twitter / type beats in the search box / hit enter / scroll down / see who needs beats

... a guy named NI Beats had people thinking he was really connected in the game doing just that - it was kind of funny to see people flock to his threads.

This is a good thing that Toastaz is doing though, he's cutting out a lot of the dirty work.

Twitter is the greatest communication tool the web has ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is dope. my suggestion is to get a bunch of your best beats and pick one artist from the list and send em your best. when that one person responds keep sending them music. thats a way you can build a relationship via internet. dont spread yourself too thin sending the same beats to different people. gets real annoying when one cat says he wants a record.. then another dude thats got a bigger fanbase and possibly money wants the same one.

and also not to sound like a hater.. but theres a couple artists on here that i wouldnt even bother sending beats too, theyre never gonna see the light of day and if they do record on some shit it wouldnt do much for your resume/make much money

this is dope. my suggestion is to get a bunch of your best beats and pick one artist from the list and send em your best. when that one person responds keep sending them music. thats a way you can build a relationship via internet. dont spread yourself too thin sending the same beats to different people. gets real annoying when one cat says he wants a record.. then another dude thats got a bigger fanbase and possibly money wants the same one.

and also not to sound like a hater.. but theres a couple artists on here that i wouldnt even bother sending beats too, theyre never gonna see the light of day and if they do record on some shit it wouldnt do much for your resume/make much money

thanks for the advice.

The artists are putting these online publicly.

Go to Twitter / type beats in the search box / hit enter / scroll down / see who needs beats

... a guy named NI Beats had people thinking he was really connected in the game doing just that - it was kind of funny to see people flock to his threads.

This is a good thing that Toastaz is doing though, he's cutting out a lot of the dirty work.

Twitter is the greatest communication tool the web has ever seen.

I agree twitter is the best tool ever very good for promo just hate spammers on there. Also fyi emilio rojas email is off its the same as donny

Good info from as20gp! That's what FP is (supposed) to be about. Drew has been on fire with the real talk lately.

Also, I said to go and search beats on Twitter because not all of the people that are looking for beats are listed in this thread.

Twitter is letting you cut out the middle man in a way, the other names I saw weren't that big and probably fall into the category that as20gp mentioned but I do see those names that aren't listed here around the web alot on sites like VladTV, This is 50, etc... (but are you that big? could have the next Racks on Racks or something with somebody)

It's your music... do what you will with it. Again though, when you type beats... expect to see sports stories of so and so beats so and so and this beats that and a whole bunch of filler but ... there will be recognizable names in there looking for beats.

I only did it once and saw a few recognizable names. I have to get on Twitter more. Even though I'm not on there much, I know it's all most people that "connect" talk about now.

The spam is annoying though... but sometimes I do listen to some of the songs and sometimes I do download (from unknown people - a good song is a good song).

... after awhile you get used to the spam, comes with the territory I guess.

Get a Twitter account for just your immediate fam and friends too, they said it on the news when they talked about that hurricane... it'll keep people you really know from worrying about you if some disaster happens and you'll update all of them at once... or if you get into "trouble" you might be able to blast out a tweet to everybody instead of raking your brain trying to remember numbers when you finally get to make that collect call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back