Pay for Mixing and Mastering a Beat

TheMTtakeover

I enjoy making beats as a hobby, but I hate mixing and mastering the instruments and tracks. Would anyone here be interested in taking on a project or know someone/somewhere I can go to get beats mixed and mastered? I obviously wouldn't mind paying.

If you're serious about your product, then you're not going to pay for "cheap".

That's not to say that everyone who charges more than you're willing to pay is of good quality, but you will find that professionals who are good at their craft charge accordingly.

If someone tells you that they know someone "cheap", then listen to their product. If it doesn't sound good to you, then you might want to look into a higher price point.

Check out the mixing engineer's portfolio. If your aren't sure about what "good" sounds like, then you might want to Learn the intricacies of a good mix, so that you Learn what you're shopping for.

It may not be quick and it may become a headache, but if you're serious about your sound, you'll take the time.

Peace.

I just sent you a PM, let me know! And also I agree with RedBeerd. If someone sais they do it for "Cheap" then they probably arn't worth it.

just because someone is cheap doesn't mean their work is not good, its all about who you know. why not take the time to find out how much the op is willing to spend? maybe they don't have the money to afford right now and cheap is the only way to go at the moment. i know studios who charge 100 a hour and your music still may not sound how you want it to vs someone who charge 50 a hour which could be twice as better.

what im getting at is there are people who produce good things for a good price.

^^One should not accept going cheap "for the moment". That moment might ruin future opportunity. That's not to say that one has to get a loan to support their release, but if one isn't ready to invest in themselves, then why should anyone else?

Cats that want to be businessmen need to realize this. It's a universal rule. If you put out "cheap", you will be labeled as such.

Peace.

you forget not everyone can get a loan or have money to invest. we all have to start somewhere do you know there are artist and producers who started out with cheap inexpensive equipment etc. im not saying its the best but sometimes that's all you have to get the job done until you can upgrade.

i understand you get what you pay for but you can have someone who has good equipment and charge you all the money in the world....does that mean they have the skill? no

you can pay $1 or $1000 if it sounds good then who cares.

dont be the person to turn down someone just because of a low price until you listen and compare. people are so quick to judge before even giving someone a chance.

like trey songs said "all i have is a dollar and a dream you gone roll with me?"

Last edited:
^^I can completely understand what you're saying. It's exactly what I used to say when I was, "unable" to invest in myself. Nothing you are saying is untrue. That being said:

As you build a career in the industry and get exposed to exceptional artists, producers, engineers, etc., you will find one thing in common, they ALL reached a threshold when they realized that they had to step their game up. Some had to leave families, some left secure, cush jobs, some gave up their residence and lived in their car to use the money for more studio time, equipment, etc.

Those people who say they can't or that they don't have the money nor anywhere to get it from will STAY exactly where they are. Occasionally, you'll get a one-hit wonder rapper, musician, producer, etc., then it's over. But if one is trying to build a life in this, then they have to make it part of their life, not a hobby attached to dreams.

Now I know that a lot of cats on here claim that they want to be producers and live at home, with their parents, with their meals paid for, their clothes paid for, multiple gaming systems, etc...they need to shut the hell up with that, "I can't get no money" bullshyte. And there's other kinds of cats who work low-wage jobs, live in terrible parts of the city, in broke-down apartments, possibly with dial-up internet connections, drinkin' and smokin' their meager earnings away...they need to shut the hell up, too.

How many of y'all in this forum, on this thread are involved with the production of music having to do with the concept of "Hustle"? How many of you are on here with dreams of making hustle beats and hustle rhymes and hustle money? How ironic would that be? That you try your hardest to be the best at representing something that you're incapable or unwilling to truly be?

The thing about hustlin' is that it's not just about getting the money. It's about sacrificing the things that really don't matter in order to make a path for that money to come in.

If you're not going to invest in yourself, then no one with will find you worth investing into. Believe that.

Chumps.

Peace.

I can do that for you, send me a private message with your e-mail so I can show you some examples of beats that I mixed and mastered. After that you decide if you want to work with me. I'm sure you will want to.

Back