New Record Label taking demos

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
Hey yo,

We have our website up and running and we're taking demos. If you're interested in joining a new electronic record label, pass over to our website and send some tunes. We're taking private soundcloud links or private downloads from file transferring services.

Demo Submission: Demo Submission | Discordant Records
Home Page: Discordant Records

Thanks! hope to hear from some new artists.

Last edited:
Not to be rude, but is this a scam, Epsilon?

I submitted an entry, and while i'd hate to lose my work, it's only one song and i googled "discordant records" and google returned results with a record label with artists that you have not signed. It is my mistake if you are not legitimimate, but i have a hard copy, MIDI, FLAC, WAV, , and mp3; Not to mention numerous progress versions dating back to well before it was submitted to Demo Submission | Discordant Records and have screens to prove i am the rightful owner.

If you are legitimate, i apologize, it is difficult to pick a name for your company, but man i made the same mistake as you, google your record company first, and yes i am a hypocrite.

We're brand new. We just launched yesterday. Your demo is in review, but it's not looking good so far.
Feel free to send another demo in the future. We're releasing our first EP soon, and google will find us (index us) for search within the month as well.

If you need further reassurance, you can visit my own artist website, and my soundcloud for Epsilon-144. If you need super super super clear reassurance, we can talk on the phone. We're not going to use your demo for anything. We ask for private because we can't release something that's already released. Hope this helps clarify.

Last edited:
I completely over-reacted. fixed all the problems and i'm glad we are at peace now ;)
Sorry, and thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
That's fine. I'm glad we reached an agreement.

I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions about your legitimacy, but you can thank me back for the research You failed to do and you can rename your Record Label to something not already taken and established.

All differences aside, i am an independent musician, beat-creator, dj, and am learning mixing and production at my own pace. If you can't work with West Coast Trip-Hop (ironic, eh?) then by all means cast the submission aside, it's only a cog in my repertoire, as i don't even make beats like the one submitted to your barebones and border-line illegal Record Label. I had a talk with Admin OGBama about the nature of this forum, and she gave me some background and advice on how to be a contributing and acceptable member of this forum. It's very different from Image-Line's where i am also working to correct the misunderstanding. After the talk with OGBama, i decided to create and have a try at mixing and producing a "Banger", like so many of the Future Producers here in the forums in the "Rap, HipHop, etc." forums do. It was an experiemntal work and while others may not like it, it still is my work and i have linked the track to friends before privatizing the link on SoundCloud and many like it.

You can relax after you rename your Label, because that name is already taken, and i'm sorry you are angry. I had every right to defend my Intellectual Property and Self-Created Work. Given that you couldn't even be bothered to do an 8 second Google Search before naming your Record Label, i hope we have both learned lessons here, about doing Research before getting excited over the pursuit of a higher echelon of exposure.

I respect that you're a solid web-designer, so it should be short work for you and your Team to think of a new and unique name for your Label, and change domain names... after all, it is bordering on infringement ;).

Last edited:
There was a small record label by the name of Discordant in Germany back in 1995.
There is no trademark or any company registered to the name, so it's open for use.

Soon google will index our site, which has only been up for maybe 36 hours, and start to display it in search results. It takes a few weeks for google to finish this.

But thank you for your concern, and your submission. You're welcome to submit again in the future. We revised our demo page so it's little more clear now.

Last edited:
Ok. Thank you for your patience, understanding and professioanlism. I'm deeply sorry if i marred the name, i am not a lawyer, and it takes all kinds of people on the internet, it's the bad apples that ruin the bunch sometimes, but i'm glad to see you and your team aren't bad.

I have explained myself, and i'm glad you clarified your Brand. If there is anything i can do to make it right to your satisfaction, please don't hesitate to contect me here or on Image-Line's Forums. I respect Honesty Above All, so I wish you all Good Luck on your endeavor, and if i happen to raise my level of experience and professionalism in mixing and production, that would be great.

I'm just happy with what i do, make music, and while i hope to make a living out of it because it's definitely a passion one can live and feed off of if appreciated correctly, i am in-between occupations and have fall-back plans. If you were a scam Which You Are Not, i would fight just as hard, but since you are willing to be transparent about your intentions, the battle is over ;)

Cheers on your SoundCloud, you have a lot of good tracks there, I wish you all the best with paving the way for your profession :)

You as well, thank you. if you can maybe edit the post on imagine-line, that will be very helpful. We are brand new and if somebody looks up information about us and finds that, it doesn't look good.

A lot of times, a label is designed around a style of music ...and not so much about the quality of music. A lot of our producers are in the house genre, and yes, they have very good quality as well. But genre can play a big part of the selection process. Please do keep making music. We need more of it in this world, and you're sounding good.

Last edited:
Ah, so happy to hear forgiving words, I am terribly sorry, i'm so stupid! Arggh.

I have edited the entire topic and am pretty sure you will be satisfied with the results. i can't believe and am embarrassed that i both found your Demo Submission Page so soon after it was created and didn't have a clue how to be sure it was an honest communique'.

hi, i am an aspiring singer/producer. been cookin up beats for a least a couple of months now. hope you can check out my channel and let me know what you think. thanks. the link to my channel is on my signature.

We brought two more artists on board, but still open for requests. We're mostly electronic but certain types of trap and hip hop style beats are okay,

but congrats to the two news guys we brought onto the team, should be a fun 2018.

Please send demos here: Demo Submission | Discordant Records

Well this has turned out to be an interesting read lol

Epsilon, I'll PM you with a few questions.

Cheers!

Back