New Beat Marketplace - Interested?

Copywright

I'm a young fullstack web developer out in NYC, currently working as a Rails contractor (transitioning to full-time soon). Truth be told, I'm not feeling working on big data and email marketing all day. My own personal goal is self-sufficiency off the apps I build.

The other day, I started work on Typebeast (typebea.st). Mainly inspired by my struggle rapper friends cyphing to YouTube and SoundCloud type beats. It's a type beat marketplace first and foremost, making it easier for producers to lease out their beats. The music player will have an HTML5 (or WebGL, not sure yet) audio visualizer, pretty much like most Youtube type beats. Users can start a cypher and rap over all the beats on Typebeast (beat is randomly selected, and you can swipe the beat left or right), solo or online with other participants. So all in all, it's a place to sell beats (maybe eventually kits for producers), find cool instrumentals to rap over, or join/watch a cyphe

Would post some links, but under 5 posts. For now, can I hear some thoughts on the current state of affairs on producers doing business online? What's the best legal format to sell/lease beats?

Back