Lyricist?

XTREEMMAK

Greetings all,

Project Intro:
I'm working on a remix that is loosely based on "Simple and Clean" and "Sanctuary" by Utada Hikaru from Disney's Kingdom Hearts. The goal of the production is to uniquely blend the two songs together with an end result features new instrumentation, a completely original arrangement, and new orchestration, while adding new lyrical content based on ironic/metaphoric references to Kingdom Hearts framed as a (tragic) love song. It will take some work, but if could be both a challenging, fun, and well rewarding project.

The track will feature two rappers, and two singers with plans for a guitarist to help fill the rest of the track. I've already begun production and am shooting for a release within the next few months. A studio performance video is also planned as a YouTube release.

What I'm looking for:
What I need help with is the lyrical content for the two singers throughout the verses (predominately lead by a female vocal). Being able to use metaphoric references in a cleaver and non cheesy way is critical here, though in my opinion, less might be more; anything to get the listener who is familiar with the series to an "ah ha" moment rather than just dumping references because we can (if you get what I mean).

While it helps if you're familiar with Kingdom Hearts if you are not, no worries! I created a document that I can share that holds a host of references, as well as abridged story breakdowns and a few key fan highlights for you to digest and aid in your writing. More importantly, if you can write a tragic, pop leaning love song, then you should be ok.

Why this:
The project aligns with a user demographic that I'm trying to capture, also considering the content of this nature is popular on my YouTube channel aka my previous video game covers. I also think it'd be both a fun project and a nice proof of concept for myself and others for a quality production release. I plan on doing the best I can to make this production shine.

Scope:
The final production will be completely free to download and listen to on SoundCloud and YouTube. Should it do well, it will be part of another project called Project Kingdom XIII, an EP of remixes and covers based again around Kingdom Hearts.

Apply:
Please send me some of your lyric samples to me at kjxdamu5@gmail.com . I may or may not be able to reply to each submission. If I do not, I apologize in advance as I may be already inundated with replies or other tasks that require my attention for the project. Please dont forget to tell me a little about yourself and why you think you're a fit for this project.

If you have any concerns or questions, please send them to me at the above address along with your samples.

Thank you and looking forward to working with you!

UPDATE:
Small sample of part of the song. Not mixed yet and no vocals, but it's coming along nicely Cheesy
Should I Stay - WIP by Key Jay | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Sounds like fun...

Here is some of my work:
Empuls Stonemaple | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Empuls: FEATURES (2006-current) - YouTube

Greetings all,

Project Intro:
I'm working on a remix that is loosely based on "Simple and Clean" and "Sanctuary" by Utada Hikaru from Disney's Kingdom Hearts. The goal of the production is to uniquely blend the two songs together with an end result features new instrumentation, a completely original arrangement, and new orchestration, while adding new lyrical content based on ironic/metaphoric references to Kingdom Hearts framed as a (tragic) love song. It will take some work, but if could be both a challenging, fun, and well rewarding project.

The track will feature two rappers, and two singers with plans for a guitarist to help fill the rest of the track. I've already begun production and am shooting for a release within the next few months. A studio performance video is also planned as a YouTube release.

What I'm looking for:
What I need help with is the lyrical content for the two singers throughout the verses (predominately lead by a female vocal). Being able to use metaphoric references in a cleaver and non cheesy way is critical here, though in my opinion, less might be more; anything to get the listener who is familiar with the series to an "ah ha" moment rather than just dumping references because we can (if you get what I mean).

While it helps if you're familiar with Kingdom Hearts if you are not, no worries! I created a document that I can share that holds a host of references, as well as abridged story breakdowns and a few key fan highlights for you to digest and aid in your writing. More importantly, if you can write a tragic, pop leaning love song, then you should be ok.

Why this:
The project aligns with a user demographic that I'm trying to capture, also considering the content of this nature is popular on my YouTube channel aka my previous video game covers. I also think it'd be both a fun project and a nice proof of concept for myself and others for a quality production release. I plan on doing the best I can to make this production shine.

Scope:
The final production will be completely free to download and listen to on SoundCloud and YouTube. Should it do well, it will be part of another project called Project Kingdom XIII, an EP of remixes and covers based again around Kingdom Hearts.

Apply:
Please send me some of your lyric samples to me at kjxdamu5@gmail.com . I may or may not be able to reply to each submission. If I do not, I apologize in advance as I may be already inundated with replies or other tasks that require my attention for the project. Please dont forget to tell me a little about yourself and why you think you're a fit for this project.

If you have any concerns or questions, please send them to me at the above address along with your samples.

Thank you and looking forward to working with you!

UPDATE:
Small sample of part of the song. Not mixed yet and no vocals, but it's coming along nicely Cheesy
Should I Stay - WIP by Key Jay | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Back