Looking For a Good Web Design For Beat Production Page? Beat Production Page!

capslap

Anyone know a good web designer who can create a one page site for my beat production? Examples of work would be nice to see also!

Last edited:
weswook website does look great...

But have you not thought about Wordpress? Creating a beat site on Wordpress isn't as difficult as it may seem. Plus, easy to change and customise in the future... And a hell of a lot cheaper than a bespoke HTML design with no Wordpress (or other blogging software) support.

weswook website does look great...
But have you not thought about Wordpress? Creating a beat site on Wordpress isn't as difficult as it may seem. Plus, easy to change and customise in the future... And a hell of a lot cheaper than a bespoke HTML design with no Wordpress (or other blogging software) support.

I fully agree. I leave my information as a jump off point, it's my way of touching base with someone who needs help with websites. 90% of the time I recommend something like Wix or Squarespace because Wordpress is actually difficult for many people. If it wasn't there wouldn't be such a huge business revolved around supporting it.

Yeah, understandable. I hope you didn't mind me sharing my view, I wasn't trying to discredit traditional web design in anyway. Your site looks very clean. Do you create custom themes for wordpress by any chance? Or know how to build a child theme off of a framework? I may have a job for you in the near future lol (sorry to hijack the thread)

Really? Anyone I know has found the Wordpress learning curve to be as simple as "setting up their phone and sending their first text." (Fantastic quote my mate once told me, though not completely true)... There is huge support, and with such support, plugins, etc, the options are virtually endless nowadays. You can even create a mobile app ready for the app stores straight from the Wordpress back end now apparently! Though, I've heard it's an expensive plugin.

I definitely recommend people give it a go on a free account as a "trial". I'd say wordpress is as easy as Wix, plus way more customisable (from experience)... Maybe it overwhelms a lot of people though. Patience is definitely an attribute you need so you can find the right solutions, i admit.

Thank you for the reply! I have already bought my domain name and hosting was really looking for a site to be put together! Just a one pager definitely for something somewhat aunthentic but am open to see what other minds were thinking and what they perscribed! Very greatfull for the feedback. Really looking for original one page for the time being to be put together, so I can expand into a full blown out website later down the road. But great insight and perspectives from you both. Definitely will take all into consideration on my final decision of what direction to go. Just need a designer as of now to inquire more info. Thank you!

Yeah, understandable. I hope you didn't mind me sharing my view, I wasn't trying to discredit traditional web design in anyway. Your site looks very clean. Do you create custom themes for wordpress by any chance? Or know how to build a child theme off of a framework? I may have a job for you in the near future lol (sorry to hijack the thread)

Really? Anyone I know has found the Wordpress learning curve to be as simple as "setting up their phone and sending their first text." (Fantastic quote my mate once told me, though not completely true)... There is huge support, and with such support, plugins, etc, the options are virtually endless nowadays. You can even create a mobile app ready for the app stores straight from the Wordpress back end now apparently! Though, I've heard it's an expensive plugin.

I definitely recommend people give it a go on a free account as a "trial". I'd say wordpress is as easy as Wix, plus way more customisable (from experience)... Maybe it overwhelms a lot of people though. Patience is definitely an attribute you need so you can find the right solutions, i admit.

Always open to different points of view, and encourage discussion. I don't create themes, but I work with them regularly. There are so many good theme makers out there that I mostly leverage from what they do ... that's the beauty in wordpress. I still hold tight to my guns that wordpress isn't as user friendly as you make it sound, there's actually a pretty big learning curve to simply understanding the philosophy of how the system works. It's unique unto itself and even with coding experience it takes a minute. We can chalk it up to a difference in opinions, but keep in mind what's easy to you might not be easy to the masses. That being said I do encourage everybody who is looking to create their own webpage to give it a go, it's a great platform and highly flexible.

Side note: I've utilized a great theme for wordpress in the past that I highly recommend, it's called Music Maker (Sell Beats Online | Beat Selling Website | Music WordPress Theme). I am not affiliated with the creator just really appreciate his product and the support he provides. It's a good look for a one page site that sells beats.

Another option is to utilize BeatStars.com (again, not affiliated with them). The starter package is $5 a month; you get to sell on their marketplace and in addition you have access to what they call a pro page. Here's what mine looks like with a little editing (WesWookBeats). You don't pay commission on beats sold through the pro page, only on beats sold in their market place. You can set it up so that your domain points to your pro page, it's not a bad look at all and an easy way to get going.

Always open to different points of view, and encourage discussion. I don't create themes, but I work with them regularly. There are so many good theme makers out there that I mostly leverage from what they do ... that's the beauty in wordpress. I still hold tight to my guns that wordpress isn't as user friendly as you make it sound, there's actually a pretty big learning curve to simply understanding the philosophy of how the system works. It's unique unto itself and even with coding experience it takes a minute. We can chalk it up to a difference in opinions, but keep in mind what's easy to you might not be easy to the masses. That being said I do encourage everybody who is looking to create their own webpage to give it a go, it's a great platform and highly flexible.

Maybe so, but I don't know any person who has sat down and given it ago that hasn't been disappointed. What's hard about it? All the options are there in the menu and you can make a quick one page website within a minute of Wordpress being installed. The hardest part to it all is the installation of Wordpress in my and others experience. Nowadays, most hosting packages offer a one-click install so that's not even a problem now. I don't deny it's time consuming. If anyone ever comes stuck with something an easy look at the support section of wordpress or their theme documentation and 9/10 you'll find the solution.

But, I'll agree to disagree lol

Side note: I've utilized a great theme for wordpress in the past that I highly recommend, it's called Music Maker (Sell Beats Online | Beat Selling Website | Music WordPress Theme). I am not affiliated with the creator just really appreciate his product and the support he provides. It's a good look for a one page site that sells beats.

Yeah, I know many who use this who all sing the praises of the developer, so I second the recommendation. I do know other music orientated themes. If you'd like me to draw up a list of ones I recommend, let me know and I can sort it out.

I have created my own site as well as others. check it out its very professional. hit me up if you want to discuss

Back