Looking for Artists for Music Startup - AudioNexus.org

moar_nops

Hi,
I've been working on a startup for the past year and I wanted to share what I've made with you guys. Any comments or criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, the service is called AudioNexus and is a combination between a streaming platform, an online store, and a social network for music. Kind of like a love child between Twitter, Soundcloud, iTunes, Amazon, and Bandcamp, except way more streamlined, and more geared towards the artist rather than the “business”.

We have three profile types – fans, artists, and venues. As an artist, you can upload your music and merchandise, get paid to book shows with venues, and connect with your fans. We try to give you as much control over your content as possible. For the music you upload, you choose how much you want to sell it for (or give it away), you choose the stream quality (96, 128 or 192kbps...we recommend uploading 320kbps mp3's which is what your customers can download when they purchase it, but you can upload lossless too), and you control who can stream, buy, or even view it. You can also add your merchandise and control how much you sell it for and who can access it.

We've also incorporated a social network, which comes with all the standard features...messaging, news feed, pic/video upload, following friends, etc. You can update your profile's "about" section, add a link to your artist website, and even create a custom URL to your AudioNexus page.

The service is 100% free to use (with no ads, either), and we take the lowest commission on any sales you make or shows you book (we take a flat rate of 10%...Bandcamp takes 10-15% and iTunes/Amazon/the other big ones take about 35%. My philosophy is that the less we take from the artist, the less they will sell their music for, which will incentivize more people to purchase their music/merch/event tickets, and ultimately everyone will end up making more money. My goal is to lower the commission we take to 7-8% within six months, and hopefully get it down to 5-6% after a year.

It won't let me post links in the body of this post, so I put it in the title of this post.

It's really easy to register and only takes a couple minutes to upload music. Since it's free, the worst thing that could happen is you get a little extra exposure for your music, best thing is that you make some money. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks

Hey guys
We have a feature called "Spotlight" where we market your profile to our fan users. We are offering free features through the rest of this week (until 8/1/2015). Shoot me a PM to get on it.

Back