expanding your circle

KelevraOne

Not too Kelevra son
I just want some advice. I seem to have a problem expanding my circle of collaborators. I seem to keep attracting people on their way out of making music. It's low key depressing. Any advice for finding artists who are actively pursuing their career and how do you tell the difference?

move to miami, LA, New york, atlanta or nashville if you really want to find people who are serious. The best people to collab with are the people who really love you music and really want to collab with you based on that. If you want more serious people to collab with make more serious music

Dig around and find some young bucks in your area or newly established artists. Reach out to them. Being a part of your local scene (radio/shows/events) goes a long way too. A few of my collaborators were dudes I saw on youtube and just reached out as well.

Dig around and find some young bucks in your area or newly established artists. Reach out to them. Being a part of your local scene (radio/shows/events) goes a long way too. A few of my collaborators were dudes I saw on youtube and just reached out as well.

Good idea. I'm gonna put more effort in on that side. My prob basically is the people I do meet are super excited about their music and then a month later they've given up on making music. No more shows, no more songs. Nothing.

Good idea. I'm gonna put more effort in on that side. My prob basically is the people I do meet are super excited about their music and then a month later they've given up on making music. No more shows, no more songs. Nothing.

I agree, and seen that often as well. I've been lucky to find a few dope artists in it for the long haul and we build together. Years deep at this point. But for every one of those, I've "worked" with dozens of others who sent me unmixed tracks years ago and still haven't dropped an album. Just a matter of locating someone whose talent you believe in and are on the same wavelength. Easier said than done ;) Good luck man!

Back