Cover Producers

JMD_Music

Does anybody know of any producers that do a lot of cover instrumentals. They re-work the original beat into another version. This is one way I plan to market my future artists and other producers.

are you talking about remakes? or just stealing other peoples work and just modifying it enoiugh to say ..."hey sue me..!"...? cause the first is a lousy pay for producers and the second is bound to recieve more ridicule then fans...so..

No this is just for youtube videos. Not selling the music. People re-do instrumentals all the time on youtube.

As long as as ur not getting money, do watever the **** u wanna do wit the beat haha

If you are trying to build a fanbase what sense does it make to do it by doing covers/remakes? (seriously asking you a question here)

Wouldn't you be better marketing/displaying a producer's talent by showcasing his/her own creativity? J/S

No dude. I get it for the artist. But my point is what is even the point of putting the producers name up if he is just remaking/covering a track? Not really a creation to be credited for.

Actually it is. It's called getting your name out there no matter what you're doing. Basically what you're trying to say is what's the point of artists uploading videos onto youtube if they're just covering a song.

For a singer it is good because they are showcasing their vocal talent - NICE!!!!!

For a producer, "Hey want me remake something you have already heard?" This really isn't doing anything for them. I don't see much benefit from that. People tend to like or follow a producer based on liking THEIR sound. People that are fans of the producer being copied may check it out once or twice to see if there is a trick to be learned by that is about it.

Last edited:
he is right people do it all the time for like skits on youtube.. like affion crocket might have a skit and instead of using the real beat he has someone remake it..

I think i might be able to help...... search "elvolutionstudios" in youtube and you will see my channel. I do beat remake all the time. Hope this helps.

i can remake anything cover anything but i didnt no i could get sued just beacuse i open up fl studio on my computer and and played all the notes to (a Michael jackson song)and then add my own spin no sampling

Back