Collaborators wanted for Soul/Funk tracks - Musicians, engineers & Producers.

Kane Williams

Hey guys

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]OGBama told me I should come here and see what's what.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I make Soul and Funk type stuff in a 70's/80's style and been getting radio play and some recognition by DJ's in those genres. However, although I produce and compose all my own stuff using no sample loops or anything, I can't actually play [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]any instruments and although I do have friends and the odd session musician replace my clunky midi parts with real bass, guitar, drums etc, I don't do this all the time but much prefer the sound of people who can actually play with soul rather than my programmed efforts. As well as all the writing, arranging, producing and composing, I've also been mixing my own stuff, so again, been doing a decent job, but nothing a pro could not better with their eyes closed.

Still, I'm pretty happy with what I have been producing and I've hear much more sterile and artificial sounding productions done "in the box", but I'd love to find a core group of people, like an online band who will help me make great soul/funk music rather than just pretty good soul/funk.

If anyone is interested in the sound I'm producing and would like to be part of it, please get in touch. Here's a link to my Soundcloud. [/FONT]https://soundcloud.com/kanewilliams-1[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

All the best

Kane[/FONT]

Btw, I'm also open to other vocalists getting involved. If you want to sing some of my songs I may be up for that, but I would be picky, I'd only want people who can do a better job than I can (not too hard) and who I think is a good fit. In other words, you could be amazing, but I may just not think you are right for my stuff. However, I have no problem with anyone doing a cover of my songs themselves and that would be a great compliment.

Back