Views on the new look site

StopRushing

The only reason im making this thread is cause i cant reply to the "OMG Amazing" thread, keeps telling me its closed!

Quick question, would it be possible to have the width of the site increase for different resolutions? Im running at 1152 x 864, mainly because i like having a lot on the screen, and my eyesight is good! The site seems to be optimised for 800x600, so it just seems small and isolated in the middle, im sure others may experience this.
I also preferred having the reply / thread buttons as image links as i could rightclick and open in new window etc.

Dont mean to bug u and im guessing u aint finished changing all of it cos the smilies etc are not here yet, but its just a couple of pointers, thanks.

Thanks for the feedback

I think I'll stick with the fixed width, sorry about that - actuallyt he old site was also fixed width, and was smaller.

About the UI/controls... Sorry some of the things you were used to on the old site might not apply anymore - having "Standard" ui controls based on your operating system / preferences makes it easier to learn for newcomers. The old images looked like anything but button ;) ... anyways, trying new things you know

Funny thing is, the new site is actually entirely rewritten, and the forums section is really just 10% of the work that was done :)

make sure you check everything else... Forums are one thing, and I need to "hack" a lot to modify it... the rest is all home-made and has neat features that make it MUCH easier to read and browse like a real magazine (big headers, lots of white space, no clutter, task-based links, etc)

:)

Im investigating the right-click open new window thing - i'll keep you posted :)

i'm liking the settings of the new site even though some things take getting used to but i'm running through it like a pig through mud and trying to find any kinks that may have been overlooked. man you really outdid yourself this time.

the gear reviews are now working,. i remember before alot of them were waiting to be approved but now you can check em all out, useful stuff

damn I have to chose my new textcolor now.. j-treezy you beat me to it.. but wait.. i'll get ya

damn I have to chose my new textcolor now.. j-treezy you beat me to it.. but wait.. i'll get ya

MANO, where is the textcolor menu? I miss it, can't remember all those color names" Teal, burlywood, sand ...etc.

This is so pleasing to the eye. None of that nasty spreadsheet-alike grid layout. Its just so slick and clean! Mano you are a damn genius! And I need one of them FP Mousepads like right now!!

Hi Staff,

I just thought I'd drop a quick line to let you know the site seems a bit too dark now. I liked the redish/brown color you used before. It looked much better in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Mike

Recks1 said:
the gear reviews are now working,. i remember before alot of them were waiting to be approved but now you can check em all out, useful stuff

Yep!

I am glad that some people are noticing things here and there beyond just the looks of things ;)

Mano, great job man! =] i know it was a lot of work, but it's def. worth it.

most excellente =]

just my opinion on something though...in the general forums (where you can see all of the individual forums), it might be nice to have the font a bit smaller, so you can see more of the forums at a time and not have to scroll around so much looking for any of em...? same within the forums...

it'd be sweet also, if we had some music theory articles. maybe see if the guys at iBreatheMusic.com are cool with you posting some of their music theory articles or something like that, they are pretty damn good.

anywho, just my stupid opinions, =P thanks for listening...good work!

And another thing, you can pay attention to my name and take your time! I can see how much work this is and how many requests for things you are getting, so dont drive yourself nuts tryin to do everything at once. Make time for music as well!!

And im actually getting very used to this now, also checked out the review section, detailed and well structured!!! Good work! :D

(mano posting from smartie's computer)

Thank you for the great support and feedback guys! :)

About the music theory articles: totally with you - need some time to get to them though, organize, etc.. :)

I hope you all enjoy the new tutorials section too, it'll become better and better as it grows :)

sorry about the mouse pad price - it's an "FP" mouse pad you know :) .. there's tons of stuff you can pick there anyways.

hmm. the only gripe I've found is that in Opera 7.1 there's overlapping text\words at te top of the reply window. And when I try in mozilla firebird, the header of the site is to one side of the page, while the news is on the other. Both these work fine in IE 6. I don't think they'll actually effect things in the future, all sites have teething problems I'll send you a screenshot if you're worried? The new site colour ownz :D

cheers :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty cool, the only thing i notcie that i don't like is:

"in the general forums (where you can see all of the individual forums), it might be nice to have the font a bit smaller, so you can see more of the forums at a time and not have to scroll around so much looking for any of em...? same within the forums..."

other than that, pretty sweet, the forum is alot darker now, but hey! it gieves the club feel....?!

Forum front page:

Welcome to the FP forums! Thanks to you all for being such a wonderful crowd. Come here every day, interact with eachother, help others and learn. FP is all about what we love: MAKING MUSIC!

Two words!! :p

I just came home from class and WOAH! :bigeyes:

It does look slim as others suggested, but it's coo to live with. Actually, it helps me surf through fp while I'm in the forums (Multiple windows). Looks very clean.

May take a while to get used to the colors, but truthfully it is easy on the eyes.

I also may have to change the shade of my banner on my sig. hahaha

Last edited:
Back