off topic but deservedly so - World Trade Centre. my condolences.

Man...its all so sureal.

I read this somewhere, i hope its not true :(

"flight 11 (todays date), flight 93 (9+3=12 tomorrows date) flight 175 (1+7+5=13 2days from now), flight 77 (7+7=14) the last date, does this mean theres gonna be a plane crash everyday till the 14th? or some kinda terrorist activity?"

captdoobij, i know how u feel man...im Indian 2.

The whole world is shocked... my deepest condolences goes out to all those who have friends, families, co-workers, employees et al who died or were injured in these mindless acts of terrorism.:(
I have a cousin on Manhattan who I'm sure of is just fine, but I haven't heard anything from her, so it's a little tense anyway.

We are all having a minute of silence at my job at 14:48 local time (8:48 US East Coast time) in honour of those were killed.

The world is sick, let us hope this will never be repeated again in history.

Once again, my condolences to the American people, my (and my fellow countrymen's) heart is with you all.

A friend sent me this email...

would like to share it here...

hello all!

is some way, shape, or form, the attacks on the world trade center and the pentagon had an effect on us all. this e-mail is more a plea to the better judgement of you all. a story about world war II that, surprisingly enough, many people i've told this to did not know.

many japanese-americans, mostly out on the west coast, were taken from their homes and put into our own version of a "concentration camp" in a remote area of the west. these people had everything taken from them, were stripped of their dignity, and once they were let go, were just told "sorry, hope everything goes well."

basically, hatred led us to imprison a bunch of innocent US CITIZENS because we needed to feel safe in our own country. i've already seen a lot of people say we should just randomly retaliate against countries such as afghanistan, libya, or iraq. why? because they house muslims.

PLEASE do not make the same mistake we did in WWII by stereotyping someone of middle eastern descent as someone who would be involved somehow in this. the cliche says that those that don't learn from past mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

funny, we live in a country that was founded on democracy, yet people will target a massive group of people due to the atrocities committed by a small group of peoplethat HAPPENED to be a part of that larger community. boy, that sounds pretty fair to me. hey, i bet sooner or later we'd get those jokers!

sarcasm aside, allowing yourselves to be blinded by hatred only breeds the same hatred that produced this event. let the people who know what they're doing take care of this. generalizing an entire religious group, etc, due to this act won't make the pain go away.

i send my condolences out to everyone that lost a family member or loved one in this series of events.

walt zink

Love to everyone out there. This is a horrible attack on America :(
I hope that everyone is alright around the world :(

Abstrakt.. very true.

I think here in America...all people have a friend coworkers etc... that is Arab. My brother in law is Algerian.:) He has already gotten some flack.. he was refused to be served at a restaurant yesterday in Irvine :eek: I think he is going to stay home for a few days.

But people need to remember that we are all connected.. the island is not that of it's own mass.. :)

Much love to all people American, European, Arab anyone feeling this pain. :cry:

Yes, let us not jump to conclusions and act judges before we know the facts. It could be bin Laden, it could be the extreme right wing Christian coalition, we don't know yet. I think the whole world needs to be united in a time like this. Everybody knows someone who knows someone who was injured or killed in this act of lunacy, the whole world is affected and no one has gained anything out of this. Let us just hope that the leaders of this world realises the same thing.

And, once again, my deepest condolences... I finally got hold of my cousin, who was absolutely fine, albeit quite shocked... Always a little ray of sunshine in this complete darkness.

the FBI found a hire car they believe to have been hired by the Hijackers. They found it at Boston airport, with Flight Plans in the back written in Arabic.

yesterday was truely horrific. i felt everything- sadness, horror, disbelief, anger, sickness. i am very scared about the future :( my heart goes out to all those that were affected by this truely unimaginable tragedy. my deepest condolences to all. PEACE to the world!

DJMangazm said:
my school friend that died was a police officer in berkeley, and apparently (according to his mother) tried to stop the terrorists and could be the reason why flight 93 crashed into that field instead of a major landmark.

I believe those men who fought back on that plane are true heroes. They saved the destruction of another monument and saved many lives. The whole US should thank them.

I just got word that a very close family friend was in the WTC 7 building which also collapsed. When the second plane crashed, he decided to get the hell out, we as a family are very thankful that he got out safely.

Yeah, indeed it's sad. Thousands of innocent people have to die, for some "cause" created by lunatics.
Some days, we should be ashamed to bear the name "human", just because of these barbaric acts.

I really hope they find the real culprits as soon as possible, because like some people say : don't jump to conclusions too fast. Ok Bin Laden may seem the most possible cause, but it can be virtually anyone.
The fact is, the terrorists should be found as fast as possible, because I think the attacks on 11 september where only the beginning. It's merely an example : the mightiest nation of the world can be brought to it's knees in a couple of minutes when you choose your targets right. Imagine what damage they could do if they really wanted it... Makes you think.
Right now, because if these attacks, the vigilance of the US is extreme. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not, but I don't really think you should expect any other attack soon. But beware when the calm will return. The terrorist have already proven they can strike where they want, unexpectedly. So let's only hope the instances at power will succeed in shutting down whoever is behind this as fast as they can.

As for the palestinian people cheering, the attitude of the grownup people is inexcusable. But I don't think you should blame the little kids. They don't know better. They were born in a violent regime where America is the enemy. The people there have indoctrinated those kids. They think America is the baddie. Something bad happens to America, they'll be happy. It's the people responsible for that indoctrination that should be punished...

But indeed, it's very sad innocent people get involved in all this quest for power against their will. Some people will do whatever necesarry to get what they want. As sad as it may sound, I think that will always be the case. It's just in our genes.

Right now I realise my signature isn't so appropriate at this time. I'll change it till the moods get better...

One of my friends expressed the point that after Columbine many copycat attacks were held, because people realized that it could be done. Despite heightened security people were still killed. What i fear most right now, is these copycats, I pray that no more lives must be destroyed by psycho lunatics.

ppl from usa. my condoleances for the tragedy that happened, hope they 'll get the monsters that are responsible for this soon

I would also like to extend my deepest smypathy to all those that lost any one in this truely horrible incident.
I still cant believe that it has happened. I just hope that the US doesn't go too far with the retaliation

PLUR

Bear

Yeah, and the fact that the NATO enforced Article 5 doesn't inspire much confidence either. That article in itself can be read in different ways, but let's just hope it doesn't make things worse if there is to be a armed retaliation.

If the aim of the attacks was to start a war, an armed response of the US + the NATO would just be the thing the terrorists expect. Let's just hope this doesn't happen.

as long as everybody on earth decides to get rid of terrorist groups, i say I'm for it.

To All.......

I couldn't honestly believe what I have seen on the TV over the past 2 days.

My heart and soul goes out to everyone who has been affected by this 'unnescessary' tradgedy.

I have been involved in a terrorist attack, the one which took apart half of Manchester back in 1996.
But at least we were warned and few people got killed or injured.

For such an unthoughtful act, as to endanger and kill so many innocent people is just beyond my comprehension.

I am hoping that they will get as many people out as they can.................and praying that this sort of thing will NEVER happen again.

As long as the people responsible are brought to justice - and then left to ROT (as killing them is Too Good for them.)

I think we all need to stand together - support each other - its the only way forward.

Again my deepest condolenses - I hope there is something we can do together, that unites us against these monstrous people.

It just shows how precious our everyday choices in life are.

Respect to you all.

Re: To All.......

djq said:
I have been involved in

oh my god man.. for a second I thought you were saying you were a terrorist :eek:

ok then i read carefully your post and understood :)
respect to you djq. Hope you and all those you know are doing ok in this hard week.

Back