off topic but deservedly so - World Trade Centre. my condolences.

What has happened is horrifying. To think many of us here on FP are from NYC, i was there myself less than 3 weeks ago really brings home the impact of terrorist activity on our society. The numbers feared dead are frightening.

Here's what will be missed. I took this photograph myself from a helicopter in August..

nyc.jpg

To all the innocent souls underservedly lost - my most heart-felt condolences - to them and their relatives and friends. Im sure everyone will be sadly missed at the hands of this tragedy.

Please leave your tributes to those lost. I feel they deserve recognition in light of they're impersonal deaths.

Images from bbc.co.uk website:

Second Plane impacts the second tower....
_1538940_fire_below_ap_300.jpg

Palestinians are celebrating tonight...
_1538271_clap_afp_300.jpg

Thats just sick. I can't even begin to imagine what I'd do to one of those people in that photograph if i ever got near one.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in NYC, DC, or on one of the planes. And for those that have friends and families involved. Stay Strong........

you know what....currently I wouldn't mind if we blew Palestine off the face of the planet. I used to support their cause but now I wouldn't shed a tear if they all got obliterated.
:(
how can you celebrate after something so horrible, humans are humans.

this is a really sad day for not just the US but for humans as well.

p.s. really wish we had an everyday chat forum to talk about this.

right now in my "emotional: state of mind I feel the same

i know better though.. just seeing them celebrating in the street is hard

just got this email blast about a friend i went to school with:

"I am writing this to inform you of the death of Mark. He called his mother from one of the flights after it was hijacked. I just finished printing out wedding programs when I heard - Mark's name and face are on them as he was going to be one of my Ushers."

DJMangazm said:
just got this email blast about a friend i went to school with:

"I am writing this to inform you of the death of Mark. He called his mother from one of the flights after it was hijacked. I just finished printing out wedding programs when I heard - Mark's name and face are on them as he was going to be one of my Ushers."

OMG this is so sad:cry:

this is so terrible. The images look computer generated because i'd never believe this would ever happen, u know?

I did recieve good news today though. A friend of the family that was near the towers called up to say she was ok...

This dude I know told me this:

he was walking by and overheard a phone conversation... a girl talking to her mother:
she called about the towers crash, and apparently the mother was near there (perhaps even in one of the towers itself) and then he heard from the phone a loud bang/crash and the line went dead....

god, I don't know what to do. It's unreal. I still don't even believe it... I don't want to believe it.

one of my moms friends was supposed to be on the flight that crashe by pittsburgh PA but cancelled to a later flight at the last minute to go see her sister.
the world works in mysterious ways.
i think the best thing we can do is not to jump to conclusions as many people are doing and pointing fingers without anything to back it up with.
i say this because i had an unpleasent experience at work where i was told that it was MY (im indian and still speak with an accent cause i refuse to adopt an american accent as i quite like the queens english which tipped him off) people did it cause we feel opressed and jealous that we are living in a third world country while his people (americans) are in a country that is prosperring.
being the most patient person you will ever meet i just simply said that his total bill was 7 something dollars and asked for his money rather than reaching over the counter and socking the moron for uttering what he did. ignorance and stupidity are 2 of the worst traits in man.

Just found out my fathers next door neighbor was one of the pilots of the first plane :cry: he had 2 young kids and was so nice. OMG

smartiehouse said:
Just found out my fathers next door neighbor was one of the pilots of the first plane :cry: he had 2 young kids and was so nice. OMG

jesus.......it's so sad

all i know one of the pilots lived in bucks county pa

I'm not jumping to conclusions...people in palestine are celebrating teh destruction of thousands of lives. this infuriates me.

This is one of the few sites that has been helpful. Earlier at work this morning, people were gathered around the televisions and all in shock. I don't really remember the drive home, or much of anything. Just sort of numb still.

I have many candles lit to remember the people who lost their lives today. Peace be with all my friends. *big hugs too!!*

they are not celebrating the loss of american lives but more so the fact that america got paid back for supporting the israeli side. not that their display of hapiness was warranted or in good taste at all.

Did anyone see that video on CNN of all the little kids and other adults parading and celebrating because of the attack?
It pissed me off to no end, mainly because I don't think their government was involved with the attack.

Sorry, this is more of a flame.

thats all to shoking... it cant be real... it shouldnt be real

let me tell you.. i just had a fight with a friend of mine cause he said that in some way americans had it coming... but how can someone justify all that killing, all that destruction, all the pain that has fallen onto so many souls this day...

i find no words to express what i felt when i saw those palestinians celebrating... its so sad to know we live in a world where so many people care so little for life

my deepest condolences to those that have lost their lives today in this pathetic act

guandum

my school friend that died was a police officer in berkeley, and apparently (according to his mother) tried to stop the terrorists and could be the reason why flight 93 crashed into that field instead of a major landmark.

My thoughts are with everyone in the US and all involved in this tragedy.

Sad times...

:(Russ:(

Last edited:
Back