Logic produces better sound

Andreas Rantzau

Hey everyone. After hearing lots of songs made in Logic and lots of songs made in other DAW' s (mostly FL) I have simply just come to the conclusion that logic produces the best sound. For me it just sounds cleaner and overall better than most sound from other DAW's. I myself, have been playing around with FL for a little while now, and I was wondering if I should try and switch to Logic X, simply because I think the sound from Logic is better.

What do you guys think? Does Logic really produce better sound than FL or is it just me?

It's the person mixing, not the software. I used to use fl studio back then but mixing in it was more difficult in my opinion so I went to reason/studio one.
What determines all of that is the person, the bit depth and the methods used and what the person uses their plugins for as well as samplerate and habits.

Most users who use protools or logic have more experience in mixing also, they could have attended a school for that.

Some songs i produce in logic sounds better than some I produce in logic... All about mixing and plug-ins you use and knowledge on mixing and plug-inss.. Which I lack lol

from where I sit too many variables unstated to even begin to suggest why it is that you are hearing this differnece

however, some basic ideas:

how long has the person who make stuff in Fl/Logic been making music?
how long have they been mixing?
how many inessential plugins and sounds are they using to create their "mix/master"?

i.e. what overall experience do the people you are comparing have and to what extent is it the sw vs the actual person creating the issues?

as kkk noted above it is more about the person than it is the sw: in my long experience if you do not know how to mix it won't make a bit of difference whether you use a million dollar hardware studio or a $40 piece of sw to do the final mix - the resulting sound will be a product of what you are capable of nothing more or less

I think you should stick to whatever DAW you feel has the best WORKFLOW for your creative process. Everyone above is right, it all depends on the user and their knowledge of mixing. Even though there are tons of different plugins/ways to get a clean and quality sound, most of the concepts are pretty universal.

Back