"Linked" Posts?

P

phatastic

I was just thinking about how a lot of questions that get moved to another forum kind of pertain to more than one topic, so guys who frequent other threads that might actually able to help with the same question overlook it.

I was thinking (might be hard to do, though) that maybe a feature that would allow a user to simultaneously post his question on multiple threads might help. Put a limit, of course, since a couple of retards might just want to spew crap on every forum, but it can be a pain in the ass to submit the same question on more than one thread.

It gets annoying if you are in one forum and answer a question, and find that same post in another forum. I know that link thing won't happen. I guess you just have to find the forum that best suits your question. Also if it is just one post, people can quote what other people said and answer it better.

no you are describing spam actually :) ...what you do NOT want to see when you come to FP

people should post their thread once. Duplicates should be deleted.

This is the proven way to keep things tidy and working... From my experience moderating various forums since almost 10 years now (FP is almost 5 years and going strong).

Thanks for the input, although I'm afraid you are describing something you would most likely hate over time :)

Back