Thread: Hello from Montreal, Canada

Nader is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Cool Hello from Montreal, Canada

Sign in to disable this ad
    Yo everybody,

I am just getting started with producing. I play the piano, and I plan on creating trance music and maybe some house music like Daft Punk. I don't want to just use presets, I want to make some original sounds, so I am learning about subtractive synthesis, wavetables and the like. I use Live 7, Reason 4, and a bunch of VSTs. I also bought the little Oxygen8 last week, having fun twisting these knobs! Glad I found these forums, anyone else from Montreal?

Cheers,

Nader

M4Y0U is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nader
    Yo everybody,

I am just getting started with producing. I play the piano, and I plan on creating trance music and maybe some house music like Daft Punk. I don't want to just use presets, I want to make some original sounds, so I am learning about subtractive synthesis, wavetables and the like. I use Live 7, Reason 4, and a bunch of VSTs. I also bought the little Oxygen8 last week, having fun twisting these knobs! Glad I found these forums, anyone else from Montreal?

Cheers,

Nader
    Hi there him not from Montreal but i will go there in like 2 months at Musitechnic private school for producing music with software&hardware i now live in Saguenay, Quebec. I'm getting to know Reason 4.0 pretty well maybe i can give ya some trick but im more into hip-hop ... i used to make some trance but i couldnt use all my music inspiration into it like its pretty hard to fit some Soul stuff in techno than it is with hip-hop ( whatever )... what i like about hip-hop producing is you can be inspired by ANYTHING from Classical music to 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s all genre... Hit me up

Nader is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Hey, nice to see someone from the area... it's cool that you're into hip hop... work with whatever suits you best! For me, I am still trying to explore as many styles of music that I can... I have a thing for dance music, but I am not ruling out other genres... I like hip hop, classical music and jazz... I wouldn't mind trying my hand at one of these someday. Reason 4 is pretty cool, I am trying to master that Thor beast!

Thread Information