D-Kakes - Intro and greeting (rapper/audio-enthusiast)

D-Kakes

I go by D-Kakes... DK... Kakes... C-Wizzy... Big Papi... Chad-Daddy... (just kidding? hahaha) to those who matter I'm just Dave or DK. :cool:

I'm not a professional engineer, producer, or recording artist, more of a hobbyist out to improve my mixing/production technique. I'm actually just a rapper.. no professional aspirations, I'm just in the streets, clowning ... freestyling, etc.

I originally needed to learn some basics, trying to achieve better sound quality in my projects. But I'm beyond just the basics, in a very short 2 months, and am also trying to sequentially upgrade my gear. I've spent countless hours just reading manuals, studying resources, talking to people, demoing software, and lurking forums from Google results.

After the Holidays, I'll have more time on my hands and can't wait to apply all my knowledge and gear upgrades to tracking/mixing.

But am I the only one with workflow problems based on mild-OCD? From customization settings, to DAW-hopping, to trying every reverb effect known-to-man when you already have a few that work wonders, worrying about 1ms latency and hardware specs, etc.

I really need to re-focus back on the hip-hop and artistic side of things. Am I an ARTIST? Or an ENGINEER? I know Engineers are "artists" in their own right," but independent (broke) artists are forced to become sh*tty engineers most of the time.

I don't have the time for this hobby, or the money to achieve the quality I'm chasing... so ENOUGH of this forum booooooooowwww sheet....... shouldn't I be writing lyrics or something??!!??!

Any thoughts? Rant over!!! First and last post!!! Bring back the music!!!! lol

Back