Cacheing

i-clan

Hi Mano, wondering if there was a way to have pages just pop back up without having to re-download them each time in the chat boards? I gues they have to be re-looked at to see if there are any new messages each time tho'. But maybe there's a caching technique (not that i would know the intricate javascrpt for it yet) that allows just the new bits to be re-downloaded.
Doesn't bother me too much anyway, even less when i get a non-limited download plan from isp server (currently 300meg limit per month, 27cents per meg after that - what a RIP!).

get a free isp.......it might kick you off but i use it for my laptop.......freelane by excite....yeah it might suck but you don't pay a dime..

it is using cache already, for graphics, and SSI elements (menu etc..) you dont need to reload those.

BUT

BUT this site is driven dynamically, which means that the pages are the result generated by a PHP scripts. This operation WILL happen everytime you request a page, this is how it works ;)

but frankly, the site doesnt use that much graphics or heavy files, it should work fine on any connection.

take care

Back