...and this is why FP is trash!!!...The Mods are to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Replace "ignorant" with "offensive".

At any rate, It seems like you might be making this into something its not.
This scenario doesn't appear to be a personal attack against you or your "freedom of speech".
It seems like you got flagged because what you said others may find offensive and its their job to make sure that everyone on the site feels welcome.

$.02

This exactly. We mods have guidelines to keep this a place that anybody can feel welcome in. I believe that's the idea Mano originally built FP on: to be a easily approachable place where newbies could ask "stupid" questions without getting bashed. Keeping it that way would include making sure there is no aggressive or offensive speech/behaviour towards other individuals or groups of people.

Nobody is going after anybody and it's not about trying to limit anybody's freedom of speech. I personally am a firm believer in that freedom as long as it is not used to try to justificate hate speech (not implying that op had done so, but in general). We do our best to be as righteous as possible when modding. For example if there is a tough call that is not a clear violation of the rules here, we typically ask for second opinions from other mods and the admins before taking any action. So it's not like we are banning people left and right in awe of our own power.

One thing I don't like that the new mods have done is unstickied all of the useful threads and replaced them with their own less useful stickies. Like the cat, Morningstar..he had great tutorials in the Mixing forum but his stuff is nowhere to be found. Where is the "EQ: getting everything in it's own space" thread? smh.

If I remember correctly, there was some sticky cleaning operation because some sections had almost half of the page full of stickies. Just to make new stuff more visible and participating easier. If you got sticky suggestions, shoot a pm to a mod and we'll take a look at it.

While biased opinions might cause offensive they are never going to change by way of censorship...such opinions will only change by confronting just how irrational they are.

Hi Everyone! First off I am moving this to About FP forum, because this is where this belongs. I stand by our decision to limit name calling and any racial comments on FP. This is not the place for it. We provide a platform for open discussion but honestly the thread you were infracted for was really pushing the limit. If you want a hip hop forum to discuss everything you want uncensored, feel free to buy a vb license and start your own. Compared to other forums, we are actually quite laid back!

Hi Everyone! First off I am moving this to About FP forum, because this is where this belongs. I stand by our decision to limit name calling and any racial comments on FP. This is not the place for it. We provide a platform for open discussion but honestly the thread you were infracted for was really pushing the limit. If you want a hip hop forum to discuss everything you want uncensored, feel free to buy a vb license and start your own. Compared to other forums, we are actually quite laid back!

So you at admit that you simply decided to sweep me up with the crowd....its cool.

I stand by what I said and will say it again where I deem it necessary.

So you at admit that you simply decided to sweep me up with the crowd....its cool.

What are you talking about? Sweep up with the crowd? You stand by your racist comment and will say it again?

Not coming in on either side of the debate, just pointing-out that saying something "anti-homosexual" (alleged; I did not read the original thread) is not the same thing as saying something racist.

GJ

Ok I will adjust the term from racist to anti-homosexual, but to me it is the same thing- taking a group of people and based on certain attributes belittling them in public - to put it mildly!

Oh well, looks like you can expect to be subjected to the golden rule, i.e. treat others as you would like to be treated....as in your intolerance towards others will not be tolerated....which I think is reasonable in one respect but also a bit unfortunate because it denies you the opportunity to examine just how irrational your bigoted opinions are by way of discussion.

For real though, why would you deem it necessary to be a bigoted ignoramus and what do you hope to achieve with your intolerance?

Ok I will adjust the term from racist to anti-homosexual, but to me it is the same thing- taking a group of people and based on certain attributes belittling them in public - to put it mildly!

I belittled the mods...not the Gays they seem so quick to defend...therefore the term "Gay-defenders"

If "gay" is such a bad term, maybe you should add it to the censorship list so that it is replaced with "***"

English must be your second language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well, looks like you can expect to be subjected to the golden rule, i.e. treat others as you would like to be treated....as in your intolerance towards others will not be tolerated....which I think is reasonable in one respect but also a bit unfortunate because it denies you the opportunity to examine just how irrational your bigoted opinions are by way of discussion.

For real though, why would you deem it necessary to be a bigoted ignoramus and what do you hope to achieve with your intolerance?

Tolerance is not the issue here. Im neither for or against the LGBT community. I could care less what 2 consenting adults want to do with their lives...thats not my business.

I am against cry baby mods who abuse their power.

Oh, I wonder if you will earn an infraction for your name calling: bigoted ignoramus

Im sure our benevolent mods will overlook this because you are defending gay people.

Furthermore, if the goal is to please FP's sponsors, wouldn't it be better to delete entire threads that you deem offensive?
Simply locking the thread doesn't remove it from search engine results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tolerance is not the issue here. Im neither for or against the LGBT community. I could care less what 2 consenting adults want to do with their lives...thats not my business.

That right there is called a "false front" it's a flimsy argument by assertion which falls apart whenever you contradict yourself, a more common example would be "I am not racist, but...."

I am against cry baby mods who abuse their power.

I just think you were a bit unlucky in getting singled out because there are definitely a lot of cats who have voiced the exact same opinions on here that you hold...which I guess kind of lulled you into a false sense of security.

Oh, I wonder if you will earn an infraction for your name calling: bigoted ignoramus

Im sure our benevolent mods will overlook this because you are defending gay people.

I guess it depends upon the accuracy of the terms, as you pointed out the term racist is not applicable...whereas the term bigot is and if you have to ask how homosexual sex differs from bestiality it's a fairly good indicator that you are more than a little bit ignorant...or bigoted if the question was rhetorical.

therefore the term "Gay-defenders"
This term would fit well in a mouth of a neo-nazi... It kind of suggests that there is an otherness going along being gay that justifies prejudice or more. Try replacing gay with a minority race and see how that would sound.. That is pretty much the issue for me here.

This term would fit well in a mouth of a neo-nazi... It kind of suggests that there is an otherness going along being gay that justifies prejudice or more. Try replacing gay with a minority race and see how that would sound.. That is pretty much the issue for me here.

No!...what it suggests is that a group, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation..etc, inherently needs be defended by others.

This sort of hyper-sensitive political correctness is a plague on our society.

Nowadays if a child calls a classmate " stupid" , he can be suspended for "bullying"..SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back