What about an Events Section?

I was just wondering if anyone has suggested an events section. It doesn't have to be music specific, but general regions would be a good idea. Like USA, Europe, Other. Something simple like that could work. I think it would be really helpful as a lot of people on this site talk about trying to get into an industry, but one of the major hurdles is being able to perform, have shows, and build fans. If it was split up by genre, the you could start to see a list of locations that have events for groups that want to try and expand the areas they perform in. I know a lot of edm, punk, and alt rock communities have these types of networks. Just an idea.

ez...

It wouldn't work. We have users from all over the world and the forums would likely get little use. Performances are usually something that people have to arrange personally and networking value of a forum would be minimal. That's what I think.

You can post questions about performances in the corresponding forums depending on what genre you're interested in. The collaboration forum is also another option. I just don't think an online forum is a good way to put together a performance.

Thanks for the reply sleepy. I wasn't actually saying to look for performances or making a group. That would be the collaboration forum. I was suggesting an Events sections were people can just post the Events they are performing at, or just having to get the word out about something. Say I was in NY and logged on to FP to find events. I could find Hip Hop/whatever events for anyone that has something for NY, or the UK. Beat Battles, DJ events, they all happen, but I thought it seemed to be something that is missing. I've seen event post around the site for years, but you just have to be in the right section to see the event whatever it may be. The network part was more for FP users, saying that if we did have an events section, users could find locations close to them. I used to do the same thing when I was DJing more. You look up all of the events you can find and then start contacting venues and promoters. Its really not a big deal, just an idea that I know a lot of other similar music forums have, thats all.

Take it ez guys...

Back