VBulletin Update Monday Oct. 28

Do you have anything that looks like this?

var sas_iframe = document.location.protocol + '//www3.smartadserver.com/diff/201/2097229/show7.asp?2097229;41559;839860915505496841;4775723324;S;target=notest%3dtrue.%3bmodule%3dforum.%3buserLevel%3dintermediate.%3bmemberZipcode%3d75015.';
document.write('<scr'+'ipt language="Javascr'+'ipt" src="'+sas_iframe+'"></scr'+'ipt>');
This should be really next to the top banner code and I'm looking for the number in bold in my example.

so I copied the generated page code into notepad and did a search for sas_iframe with no luck at all other than your own code example.....

so it would appear that it is not being included in pages that are being generated for me - this cannot be a browser issue as I am not aware of any technology that blocks the generation on-the-fly page code within operas old presto engine or any other engine for that matter

I went and checked in firefox 23.0.1 and before logging int he banner is there

After logging in the banner is still there

Both engines are interestingly deleting (not displaying) the code for the section that you want when I do a regular save source but I can see it when I inspect the page with their respective debuggers

I do have iframes enabled in opera and have not content blocked smartadserver.com in Opera, so this is amusing and bemusing me

At this stage it appears to be triggered by some other code in the page generated......

Don't expect to find a solution to this anytime soon - it could well be in the smartadserver.js or somewhere else too

after doing all of the above, had a thought to check the javascript errors found by dragonfly for this page and have a lead - there is an error "not loaded" for the linked script show_ads.js - so it is a "smartadserver" issue not an fp issue

banner ad at the top is now appearing in some threads, at least it did a few minutes ago.......

got all excited but it seems to have disappeared again

Looks like you have problems with specific banner ads then. Probably Google Adsense. Would you have anything blocking Google ads?

yes, i do so that may well be it, although the fact that show_ads.js does not load is intriguing -it should load regardless of the blocked content (at least that is how the browser should interpret the required code - load it regardless of the target, as the target can not be known in advance - talking from a pure implementation perspective - the javascript should not be interpreted prior to loading it otherwise the browser is determining behaviour without knowledge)

another problem has just shown up

tables and more specifically the default of having the grid on a table

this no longer the case instead you have to apply the following additional code to get a grid for a table

[table=class:grid]
insert table rows and cells in here

[/table]

my concern is that this breaks all previous tables included in posts

I am a prolific user of tables in explaining things like chords, progressions, scales and beat breakdowns and so on and have relied on the default formatting to apply a grid to any table

Just began a reply using a table to separate out individual elements of a progression for analysis and no grid lines displayed in preview - used the editor to insert a table with borders present and internal grid lines to understand the changes and got the above hint as to what needs to be added

I can progressively edit all of my tables if necessary but this change will break tables for everyone and not everyone can get back in and edit their posts to reflect these changes.......

Last edited:
here's an example of what I mean

newly created table - note that [th] element is ot covered y the table grid class

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...esign/help-chord-numbers-459097/#post49706366

here is an older (only back a week) and while the [th] elements are rendered with a border the [td] elements are unbounded making some of the informational grouping more difficult to see

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...need-help-my-room-please-458153/#post49701759

and this is an example of the other issue that I am seeing a lot of - posts that get posted twice something seems to be screwy with the underlying db engine......

Last edited:
another issue that has come up

new members should not even have their links processed but this guy has had his soundcloud tags converted to the iframe equivalent but then not rendered as per the denial of linking for newbs

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...usic-give-receive-feedback/im-new-too-459126/

this one has been resolved by the member reediting the post after qualifying to include links

however the wider issue probably still exists - links being converted but blocked and rendered as the inline html

Last edited:
another warning has come when going to look at my likes

Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_vBSEOLikes::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with that of vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled() in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 388

and again just now (8:50am sydney dst) Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_vBSEOLikes::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with that of vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled() in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 388 (although as per chater-la's comment below this will be around for a few days yet......

Last edited:
that is fine, as I see stuff going wrong or misbehaving or just not working, I am making a note of it so that it can be followed through on at earliest opportunity

another warning has come when going to look at my likes

Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_vBSEOLikes::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with that of vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled() in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 388

and again just now (8:50am sydney dst) Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_vBSEOLikes::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with that of vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled() in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 388 (although as per chater-la's comment below this will be around for a few days yet......
Fixed.

one newer, odd, behaviour, seems to have occurred sometime since thursday

reported posts, infractions and warnings used to show in the "new posts" search but now do not. They do appear in the "activity stream" accessed via the "new posts" search results

can be overcome by remembering to have a look at the reported posts sub-forum but would be nice to have them obvious in results for new posts

Back