Upcoming producer.. got a bunch of questions!!!!

ok.. me and this friend that im collabing with .. are selling beats.. but. we are learning now. about different contract agreements.. and leasing agreements. and stuff like that.. and copyrighting. and the list goes on.. i want to lknow.. what should I/ we do so that we wont mess ourselves up.. what is the first thing we should do.. i know. it should be copyrighting.. but. after that. if we were to sell. do we get some kind of recognition.. do we begin to get "known" if you understand what i mean.. cuz. i dont want to be just the guy in queens. who is spending all his time making beats.. selling them.. and no body knows who i am.. so please help.. thanks

Islam(Peace). I think y'all should check out this book called "All You Need to Know About The Music Business" or something like that... The author's name is Donald Passman. Good book!!!!! I've had it for about 7 years, I don't know 4 sho' but it's more than likely been revised.

theirs ALOT of stuff on here and on the net just do some digging for now and do ur homework on all that stuff and then id come back with more defined answers so a good conversation and be striked up and better information can be told.
\good luck with everrytyhing pimpinq

Back