suggestion: menu access

Bongo Fiend

Obviously I love the site! :)

However there's one thing that annoys me quite a lot.
Whenever I view a long thread, and I want to switch to another topic (or return to the list of threads within that category), I have to scroll to the top of the page to reach the menu (or the link that says "Community > Make a better place > This site" or whatever).

It sounds petty, but obviously it's a thing that I want to do a lot (i.e. every bloody time I view a thread!!) It would be simple to put the link at the bottom as well. As for the menu [the one in the left column], you could put it in a separate frame so that it doesn't disappear when you scroll to the bottom of the thread.

Look at the design of www.hotmail.com - when you scroll to the end of your new e-mail message, there is an 'inbox' button (+ next / previous / delete) at the bottom as well, so you can instantly return to the main menu.

Just a thought. :) Keep up the good work.

when you scroll down a long thread, there's the forum jump drop down box. The forum jump box will have listed already the same forum that you are already in reading that particular thread. All you have to do to get back to that forum to read a different thread in that same forum is hit the go button since the forum jump box is already by default listing the same forum youare in.

It sounds confusing but try it and that cures your problem.

merc is right about the drop down box, but your suggestion is good too. thanks for your input :)

Back