reviewing Tascam Porta 788

oopsy u pressed new thread by mistake ? me review it ? how i havnt got a working unit to review ! ur the only one i know who has one :D

The signature was made my smartie for me :) when i crossed 2000 posts :D I love it !

Tricky said:
...The signature was made my smartie for me :) when i crossed 2000 posts :D I love it !

actually... I made it :D
but it was her idea to give you this present for the event ;)

Oh, shite

I accidently started a new tread for this topic (sorry) :)

You say that you haven't got a unit.
How are you able to test other manuf. stuff, then?
I suppose that all the tests in here (ref. main page) is not done by it's original owners, or ... ? I based my request on a understanding that OnlineDJ could borrow test objects from an 'agent' or similar and deliver it back afterwards ? Anyway - if it could not be done, then it's OK :) I just would like to have a second opinion, cause I think that the 788 would really 'stand out' in the crowd of high performance HD recorders ! :D

Re: Oh, shite

DJ Distinctive said:
OnlineDJ could borrow test objects from an 'agent' or similar and deliver it back afterwards ? Anyway - if it could not be done, then it's OK :)

It's what's already happening hehe :)
If we reviewed only what we bought our opinion would be biased ;)

there WILL also be a "user reviews" section soon, where you will be able to post reviews of your own equipment with ratings etc.. :)

Brand new

Released last summer NAMM, streeted end of november.
Mag. reviews starting to pop up these days.
Tascam advert 'Not so Hard disc recorder' :D
http://www.tascam.com/products/porta788/index.cfm

Porta_788.JPG

im on the phone with Tascam :)

... ok I have a few other things to review first
I ll try again another day.

Back