Reason Forums are gone

Torridity

I just left from the Propellerhead website and found out that the forums are no longer active. I don't know what I'm going to do.

the FULL story

Propellerhead Forums

Dear forum user,

In recent attacks on vBulletin.com, MacRumors.com and other sites using the vBulletin forum software that we have used on propellerheads.se, hackers have been able to break the security of vBulletin. While there is no indication that propellerheads.se has been affected, we are forced to take action to preserve the privacy of our users.

In the light of these events, we have decided to take down the Propellerhead forums and right now it's unclear when and how we will bring them back.

As usual, you can find us and other Reason users on our social media channels. Join us there while we are looking into this problem.

Please note that there is no indication that propellerheads.se has been under attack. This is a proactive move to secure the privacy of our users.

The Propellerhead Team

Thanks Bandcoach. Out of curiosity how does this forum differ?...I'm just asking since its VB. Maybe a different package/bundle/addon from the vulnerable code to get in on others?

Last edited:
according to admins, the recent update we did to the vBulletin SW (Oct 28) was specifically done to address the issues highlighted by propheadz - they too could do the same upgrade and avoid the issues they have identified - they just may be taking longer to make sure they get it right

Speaking positively, there were a few teething problems with the new version, mostly to do with old scripts not working the new version and some of the style sheets (CSS) have been altered by vBulletin or not carried forward by FP, so that things like tables do not work the way they did before. Also some of the default custom settings that were in use at fp, have not carried forward either, most notably the reduction of the number of vids you can embed in a single post from what would appear to be infinite to 1

Back