a question to who ever runs/own this site ..

T

thadon41

hey guys,
jus a stupid question ..

is this site owned/run by jus one person?

as far as i can see there is only one admin ..

ManoOne seems to be the only admin .. and seems to be popular too .. lol

any way .. to who ever you are .. how about some contests .. ya know like best track/loops contest .. or best lyrics contest .. somit like this would be great and would give the site more meaning that just a message forum .. and also would allow for users to fully interact with the site .. its staff .. and also other users ..

i know this would mean mo wrk for ya .. but it would be worth it ..

let moi know wat ya think ..

PeaceOut
----------
--DoN--
----------

thadon41 said:
...and would give the site more meaning that just a message forum ..

no offence, but my first reflex is to say that you have obviously not explored the whole site:

. music portal
. industry news (and the mightly news4you system)
. full reviews
. music toys
+ various articles

I mean.. its not *just* a forum, it's a sweet site... And I am not just saying this because I run it all.. It does compete with other "dot com corps".

There are some contests already planned. Each month some sounds will be available to download, and people will be able to build a song with these sounds only (can tweak them, chop them, anything). Each month a winner will be picked and exposed on the frontpage. Prizes will be CDs, vinyls, possibly more.

A lot is planned, as I said, but I also have a career and this site is my side project. Can't do everything and things will come in time.

Stick around and appreciate the site as it is right now, take care

k mano im gett'in ya drift ..

i didnt relise that ya run this site al on u r own ..

i have explored this site proppa, and i fully realize that it aint just a forum ..wat i ment was for tha site to b more interactive with its users .. and yeah u r right .. u r site ( this one ) is better than n other music site ive seen .. EG:-
futurenet.com computermusic.co.uk multimedian.com and these r jus a few i have trawled over .. and yes i aggree u r site comes out on top .. by far ..

and comps would b cool .. i know it must b hardwork .. but aint it wrth it ..?

all respect ..

no problem man it's cool
I appreciate the comments and suggestions regarding the site and stuff.

Hope to see you around!

:cheers:

PopD, manIm WAYYYY too busy right now

BUT.,.. but I have plans.. LOTS of plans for the site.. it will be EXCELLENT man its all I can say.. not just the contest.. more stuff!

anyway... not before afew months. Too busy right now

thanks for being a part of this

I could help if you wanted. Come up with n amount of loops, zip 'em, you post 'em, peeps mix 'em, and you post results in a forum and people vote. I noticed that there is a lot of collaboration happening here recently, and that is exactly what needs to happen, the sharing of ideas and techniques, rather than just advice and expertise. psst I'm a doer, not a sayer.

Just give me the word-

What I am thinking:

For loops:

-1 synth sound
-1 kick
-1 snare
-1 cymble
-1 bass synth
- anymore u would want

I dunno, come up with rules, limits, whatevah. . .u would just need to provide the server space, and I'll help with whatever.

Lemme know, homie :hello:

Thanks for offering your help :)

But, it wont be on the site until a few month ahead. I dont do things in half, and want to code the whole damn thing from scratch (php+mySQL engine and such)

Plus... We will see what sounds we put there. it might not be as "obvious" as you described. I may provide the sound of a broken glass and a jackammer, plus a few other things,a nd say "go, make music with THIS only, and you can add drums" etc..

just an example, but youll get the whole "thing". I want to "educate" people a bit by making something not 101 obvious.

Plus ill organize the prizes. Each month (or 2 months) the contest will be sponsored by somebody (either a record label or a manufacturer) etc..

its a whole operation which will only be started in a few months

thanks for your trust. Belive me I want things to be kickass, and its my job too :)

icon14.gif

Back