Newbie Producers F.A.Q. ???

F

fitz

I have only been on these forums a few weeks now but I definately like it here. Lot's of cool people and no silly flame wars or anything like that.

One thing I have noticed is that there are tons of repeat questions like:

"How do I get started making "insert any genre here?"
"How do I make beats?"
"What is the best synth, sampler, soundcard, etc etc?"

I was thinking that maybe a few of us could get a FAQ going to answer these questions for people. It would be a lot easier to point someone to a FAQ rather than answer the same questions over and over. I am not aware of any faq's that exist already that focus on the project sudio as it relates to electronic music.

Anybody want to try it out?

peace,

fitz

fitz said:
I have only been on these forums a few weeks now but I definately like it here. Lot's of cool people and no silly flame wars or anything like that. . . .
fitz

. . .I take it you've never been to the 'Everyday chat' forum. If you haven't, take my word. . .don't go! ! You will get caught up in some pointless discussion/argument between ignorant people, and end up posting stupid things, that you regret later.

As far as the FAQ, there are so many levels to production and studios, that it might be quite a challenge. For instance, pick up a copy of MC2 (music-computer-culture) which has great info on editing tracks, plugins, hardware. . etc. Then go read 'computer musician' which talks about sysex and midi instructions, and pad-sensitivity . . .etc.

I would be down to help out, but it sounds like a lot of work. It might be easier to find existing FAQ's out there, and either reference 'em or plagiarize 'em. If I was running the show (admin) I would be on top of a FAQ, but I'm not.

Last edited:
Back