New FP Feedback & Bugs Reporting Thread!

Our techie suggested that perhaps there is a conflict with old version's cookies. Can you delete your cookies and then log in again to see if the cookie 'sticks'?

I do this (delete the cookies and clear the cache) all the time, particularly when it won't load in the first place (not just for fp). part of the problem may be my isp who try's to dump everything to via their own proxy servers, but of course live sessions should just come direct to me.

At any rate the cookie sticks some times but not always.

The bigger issue, I think is the second scenario where the cookie sticks to some parts of the session but not to others - that has to be something more than just "old cookies", as other pages are fine but after subscribing to a thread, that specific page becomes "dead" so to speak - it suggests that either it is no longer hooking back to the cookie or it is expecting a different cookie that isn't being issued or updated.

Last edited:
just wondering what changed because i usually view fp at work in a small window in the corner lol and now all my stuff is like mashed together. like ittries to resize the site with the size of the window. also in the reply box if i highlight text then type as to replace what i highlighted it doesnt replace it it just types at the endlike nothing was highlighted. hope yall can understand this and thanks

edit: i guess the resizing isnt a big deal, its just some buttons end up covering others.

Last edited:
is there any way to change the black background...? when you go to search the site the words you have searched are yellow and u cant see what the words are.. its really annoying...

so skins are back but not all of them.

New Issue
Now when clicking in the quick reply textbox the page scrolls down well below the textbox - i.e. even though the cursor appears in the text box, the scripting seems to have the target of the new focus as being somewhere further down the page (element index problem probably)

Another Issue
tags are being auto-applied to some features rather than leaving the tagging in place for later review. It seems ok in that it is working exactly like a word-processor in that you can apply "bolding" or remove it, but what about urls and video embeds that might need further editing????

Nitpicking?, probably!; The new editor behaviour is a Nuisance?; yes!

---------- Post added 12-03-2011 at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-02-2011 at 10:26 PM ----------

not sure if this is still the active reporting thread or teh new Skins corrections and comments thread is so cross-posting to be sure to be sure to be sure.

New rich text editor some issues

Even when you set the cursor to a specific place in the text box, Pasting text automatically inserts the text at the start of the text box

Add a smiley, the text box scrolls to the top of the box and inserts the cursor there at the first character position

Smilies
Can we get a non-angry Off-Topic smiley :offtopic:; more sort of a cheeky/devilish Off-topic smiley, where the poster knows they are topic but are doing it because the aside is either funny or relevant or both

Hey! Ok these are really small issues that I am not sure have to do with the board itself... We will first work to fix real problems. But feel free to continue reporting issues.

The Rich text editor issues are big if you are pasting stuff and suddenly find that it has disappeared or worse been entered at the first line of the editing box (text box).

A newly found bug in the rich text editor is that it will not paste any text at the last line if the cursor is the only thing on the line, i.e. it will not paste new text past the last carriage return, instead pasting it at the start of the editing box - kinda obvious, screwy behaviour that should have been picked up in testing by whoever created it.

The auto-tagging is part of the rich text editor and I withdraw my criticisms of that.

Hi! We have launched our new site and we hope you like it. It is a work in progress and we still have some things to fix.

Please post your feedback, comments, and any bugs you have to report in this thread. Thanks!

I like how the new design and think it's cool how your involving forum members by getting our feedback. Just FYI, I've noticed an increase in web traffic by simply increasing the default font size to 14px. I'm not sure if you have this option in vBulletin by I think it will help make the forum content easier to read. Also, I haven't heard anything back regarding sticking posting battle rules in the battle threads. I'm always looking for Hip Hop producers and artist to blog about.

Am I bringing this up in the right thread?

I like how the new design and think it's cool how your involving forum members by getting our feedback. Just FYI, I've noticed an increase in web traffic by simply increasing the default font size to 14px. I'm not sure if you have this option in vBulletin by I think it will help make the forum content easier to read. Also, I haven't heard anything back regarding sticking posting battle rules in the battle threads. I'm always looking for Hip Hop producers and artist to blog about.

Am I bringing this up in the right thread?

So for the forum fonts, people can change it via their browse to have bigger font size, or as they write messages they can choose different font sizes. The default is really not too small.

Regarding the battle forum- please PM what you would like to do exactly. I thought the Battles moderator was dealing with this- sorry for the delay!

idk if i would call it a bug. it may be my brower, opera, 's fault, but anytime i try to edit a post, it just goes off the deep end and will edit it randomly (removing, adding things, etc) then lock me out of being able to edit, or even post again. i can only post again after restarting my browser. idk if theres anything you can do, but at the very least if someone comes across this problem you can tell them what to do lol

idk if i would call it a bug. it may be my brower, opera, 's fault, but anytime i try to edit a post, it just goes off the deep end and will edit it randomly (removing, adding things, etc) then lock me out of being able to edit, or even post again. i can only post again after restarting my browser. idk if theres anything you can do, but at the very least if someone comes across this problem you can tell them what to do lol

Try different browsers to see if this happens. Very strange!

@tragiktile: which version of Opera? Running 11.62 which seems to have stabilised after some initial quirks.

But there were some strange moments where focus got lost, or where focus is shifted back to the start of the text box. You also couldn't start a new line of text with a paste as it read that empty line as a pointer to the start of the text box and pasted the clipboards contents there instead.

These things all seem to have disappeared, but that may be because I have been tweaking preferences, on the site and in Opera, to eliminate some problems as well.

Try resetting your editor in General settings to the Extended Editor with additional formatting to see if that helps. You don't lose much over the wysiwyg editor and unless you want a word-processing experience as you type your posts up your not missing much either.

---------- Post added 12-31-2011 at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-26-2011 at 09:24 PM ----------

Tables do not render properly in posts - this true both in firefox and opera (latest versions of both)

see
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ss-you-cannot-play-piano-390015/#post49273146

the table is written correctly but sig file is pushed to the side and near the top of the table

---------- Post added 01-01-2012 at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-31-2011 at 07:22 AM ----------

First; thank for fixing table rendering so fast :)

Not so much a bug as a feature enhancement if possible.

When reporting posts, which I do every time I'm in if needed, I sometimes hit the brick wall of the 60" between reports limitation; e.g.

"This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between reporting posts. Please try again in 5 seconds."

Could we add:
  1. a countdown of the seconds remaining
  2. at the words "...try again..." a link that allows us to resubmit the request to report without having to use the back button and then guess when the time has elapsed

Back