New FP Feedback & Bugs Reporting Thread!

hi admins,

i really enjoyed from this forum.

in getting started section i cant see all topics & only 7 pages shown in the bar while we have 47000 topics in there. what i do to see all topics?

Are you using the mobile version of FP? Switching to full view (or desktop view) at the bottom of the page should show you all pages. I'm not sure what it's called, but I know it's at the bottom of the page. I just checked on a desktop and I can go through all pages.

Alright this would be somewhat jarring for a newcomer. Basically I just got doned posting a long winded descriptive post about the settings i was using in Ableton's Operator, I posted a link to a sound clip and then it told me I had to have atleast 20 or more posts to post a link. WHICH WOULD NOT BE A BIG DEAL, but then it brought me back to the main thread view instead of giving me the opportunity to go back and delete the link :/

Luckily the forum autosaves but I think it might work a little better if whenever you post something that's invalid your able to go back and fix it.

Hi admins and mods

Have there been any changes to the css for the site in last few days. Trying to work out if it is the new version of browser or something external that is causing the problems with no images or video being displayed.

Anything that would be affected by a css tag based on images and other formatting is not displaying correctly
- online/offline dot
- multiquote
- all global images - banner, facebook like, facebook, the long term ad across the top and the down the right hand side of the page

I have uninstalled the browser and reinstalled a pristine copy to no effect

Any fixes, workarounds, help, inisght, etc would be greatly appreciated

|
+--------------------------------------------------------------------
|

So have just confirmed that it must be the way that my preferred browser is interpreting formatting data, as firefox is fine

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

total and complete reinstall (delete all existing data and begin again install) has fixed this - must be something screwy with their installer package.......

Last edited:
Hello Bandcoach,

We did not change anything to the code or CSS for at least a month and pictures and videos can show on my computer. Maybe there is a problem with you computer?

Phil

I don't know if it's just me, but my subscriptions don't seem to work if I enable to 'Control Panel Only' option.

I have subscribed to threads, but I'm not receiving notifications in the control panel to state someone has replied to it. Short term solution is I changed my notification method to Instant email which seems to work fine.

If you had read the whole post, you would have noticed that I said problem fixed after a pristine install of the browser - i.e. there must have been something off with the update installer that didn't clear previous installs data cache and other background files that handle such things

Hello Bandcoach,

We did not change anything to the code or CSS for at least a month and pictures and videos can show on my computer. Maybe there is a problem with you computer?

Phil

i dont like how long i gotta wait to comment that shouldnt have a time limit

the time limit is an anti-spam measure. A properly programmed spam-bot can drop posts at the rate of 1 a second or even quicker, which would very quickly deluge the site with utter garbage. By having a time between posts value t hat inhibits such action we can catch a spam-bot before the problem becomes almost impossible to control

I realise that you have just posted your way to the required number of posts to drop a link so you find this annoying but it won't change any time soon if at all....

Back