New forum topics [RANDOM]

Should there be a new section dedicated to anything other than the current topics?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Mossett

Tried searching through the forums for a random section, basically entaling anything and everything. Obviously this can be controlled by having certain rules, but I feel this section will increase community activity being able to speak freely about a topic which doesn't fit into the current forum topics.

If you want to share your views please vote accordingly. I've voted for yes.

If you have any opinions/suggestions please state them

Last edited:
you could try getting started or the music breakroom: these are our two main forums for anything goes ;one is about music the other is about anything but music

or suggest something more concrete than random

I suppose I should have rephrased this better. I didn't mean random as in "what colour shoes should I wear when I go out to to shops". I mean topics which don't fit in the specified topics for example; Current world affairs, anything that seems interesting that's happening in the world today which doesn't fit in with the sub-topics again, this is just a suggestion I thought of procrastinating at work, the topics just seem to be too specific

EDIT: Skimread your post and missread it, I'll give the breakroom a look at. Cheers.

Last edited:
There should be a trash sections where new users can post 5 replies so they can create a thread :( OR maybe i didn't search too much and it exists. :P

One thing I've started thinking of lately, is that there's no subforum dedicated to ear-health/ear-protection and psychoacoustics.
Sure you could post this in Getting Started / Music Breakroom, but I bet it would encourage members a lot more to learn these things if there was a dedicated subforum, which are pretty important things to know actually.

There should be a trash sections where new users can post 5 replies so they can create a thread :( OR maybe i didn't search too much and it exists. :P

a trash section so you can spam your way to posting your oh so important contribution - the minimum post count exists to eliminate spam and spam bots, why we would undermine it by doing that??????

One thing I've started thinking of lately, is that there's no subforum dedicated to ear-health/ear-protection and psychoacoustics.
Sure you could post this in Getting Started / Music Breakroom, but I bet it would encourage members a lot more to learn these things if there was a dedicated subforum, which are pretty important things to know actually.

psychoacoustics is part of recording and theory (theory is about more than just music theory) and studio design/acoustics

ear-health and ear protection fit into recording and studio design/acoustics

maybe some stickies in one or more places might make this a more accessible area

Back