this new format cucks

V

[OUPS your post has been edited by mistake.. grrrrrrr :( could you please reply to this thread again V, and repost what you said?)]

[was going to quote you but there was a problem]

Mano, full respect man. I think you are undertaking a lot of work behind the scenes. The uploadable file option is really good, and i like the direction you are taking.

But, the "look-and-feel" of the original ODJ reeally did it for me, and if we could have that back i would be stoked. But i understand u r still working on the graphics and such.

All the best Mano. Go hard, it's worth it. This is a fantastic resource. i know it can be a lotta work sometimes :)

good luck, may the good vibes spurr u on,
cheers,

i-clan

um, thanks for making me look selfish i-clan. sheesharilla!

i can only imagine how much work they're doing with this site and I too of course, enjoy and appreciate this site otherwise i wouldn't still be here plugging along and posting my way to that surprise i'm gonna get at 500 posts.

:D

what type is too small? It has always been Arial 2 all over the place, and Arial 1 for the menu.

Colors? Its the same but everything was darkened "a tad" to give more contrast with the text. I think the design is good, I don't see really any issue here.

I am sure about the new forums and the organization though. All of them are here for a very precise reason.

A lot of new very cool smilies will be added, (they are not here yet, i need to sleep too) and they'll probably have some other shades than greys.

........... but no I won't turn the options buttons orange or green ;) ... just joking, but heh.. you'll see where I am coming from. I think it's ultra slick like it is now, classy and generating some flame wars (like this one) because common sense says "more colors better".

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvoila!

ps: I am not really sure what is it that you guys miss now, because quite frankly the site is almost all the same. I didnt change much in the layout...

yo mano....

....don't sweat it....they are just losing their minds to natural selection....and about the color issue....can't you tell your browser to use your settings and not the defaults? The smiles are something I agree with....it looks like our circular friends are in rigar mortis....ha ha ha, but yeah....I don't know what anyone is smoking (i-clan I do), but once I went and set up all my otions....it looks exactly like the ODJ I used to know....sans color in the smilies

look ma the smilies are back :)

i think they dont look good with the rest of the style in the site, but ... if you like them, boom here they are, back from the dead.

:)

the message icons are not in color. i guess i am the only one who doesn't see it in color. i've got the yellow smilies to the right but the message icons were in different colors before, and when i post a message the type is so much smaller than before. my browser settings haven't changed. i dont know why it doesn't work anymore on this new revised site.

anyway, dead issue, i guess i am the only one who has the problem.

no.. what i think happenes is that before, the font wasnt showing right on your browser (ie was a little bigger) and thats why with the new revised site (man god knows I fixed MANY bugs from the other site) it shows correctly. It is TOO small? I dont think so...

The icons now... Frankly, the icon messages were UGLY in colors.. yes.. many of my friends designers were asking me about "those colorful icons not going with the flow" and I basically never had time to turn them to grayscale.

I put all the smilies icons back to their old color, but not the icons yet.. I wanted to do some improvements, not to stay with a site that is not the way I want it to look like. We'll see if I work on some different graphics later.. But PLEASE do not freak out when something is changed... believe me there is a lot of thought behind each new thing you see here.

voila

duh- what am i thinking!! You're right, i mean after all, it is YOUR site and you can do whatever you like. and It's actually very nice of you to address and try to accomodate so many requests from us users. so, please forgive me and excuse my childish complaints. after all, change IS good, and you're not alienating the dj orientation of this site at all, you're only adding to it. keep it up!

Last edited:
V said:
[OUPS your post has been edited by mistake.. grrrrrrr :( could you please reply to this thread again V, and repost what you said?)]

[was going to quote you but there was a problem]

now i cant remember what i said...LOL.. something like:

i dont like this new format....theres no colors in the icons, the type is too small and there are too many forums that are for the same thing. Is the "future producers" name come from the direction that most dj's take-meaning becoming a dj and then producing your own music further down the road?

i think it was something like that, but i'm not sure.

Back