Need Opinions on Music Production Setup

CmanSingleton

Hello everyone,
Recently I have gained an intense interest in producing music through years of listening and appreciating music. First I would like to state that I am a newbie, and I am looking to produce genres from basic hip-hop, to obscure instrumentals in electronic music. (Pete Rock/Boards of Canada) I also have a manageable budget. ($1000) I have done some ample research and have learned that the maschine is a premier way to go, with its excellent workflow and ease of use. I have had Fl Studio as a DAW for a while now, fooled around with it, and put it down because it seemed complicated, but perhaps that's because I didn't have a MIDI keyboard to assist me. Is there another DAW i should go for? Or is FL satisfiable? My current idea of a setup is this...Hardware :Maschine, DAW: Fl Studio, Midi: M-Audio Oxygen 61 or M-Audio Keystation 61es
Is there anything else I need? Any tips or suggestions? Feel free to ask questions and answer them. Also, I could invest in some speakers later...they're not a necessity I don't believe.
I could try demos for all the DAWs. i just want to make the smartest investments with all of my hard earned slavery *cough cough* money $$$
Is buying a hardware device, maschine, necessary?

Last edited:
Back